San Joaquin County police agencies push to prevent car thefts
Lodi Police Officer Brett George demonstrates how to use a steering wheel lock on Wednesday, Aug. 6, 2014.
- Most frequently stolen vehicles in San Joaquin County
1. 1989 to 1997 Honda Accord
2. 1988 to 2000 Honda Civic
3. 1987 to 1996 Toyota Camry
4. 1990 to 1998 Acura Integra
5. 1993 to 1998 Saturn SL
6. 1992 to 1994 Nissan Sentra
7. 1989 to 2001 Chevy pickup trucks
8. 1987 to 1995 Toyota pickup trucks
9. 1987 to 1995 Nissan pickup trucks
- Local police agencies offering steering wheel locks
Lodi Police Department
215 W. Elm St., Lodi
California Highway Patrol Office
3330 N. Ad Art Road, Stockton
Stockton Police Department
22 E. Market St., Stockton
Stockton Unified School District Police Department
1326 N. San Joaquin St., Stockton
Posted: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 10:49 pm
After a 9 percent reduction in auto thefts from last year, police agencies in San Joaquin County are looking to drop the Central Valley even further down on the list of areas with the most stolen vehicles.
On Aug. 11, the Delta Regional Auto Theft Team and other agencies will launch a countywide campaign to fight vehicle thefts though awareness and prevention.
Or, use your
Wednesday, August 6, 2014 10:49 pm.