- In other action
On Tuesday, the city council also:
- Granted temporary permit fee reductions as an incentive to developers to build new single-family residences. The program will deduct approximately $15,000 from each permit.
- Adopted the investment policy for 2012-2013.
- Formally amended an ordinance on abusive solicitation to include private property and private parking lots.
- Delayed voting on a $25 November election filing fee until the next regular meeting.
- Heard a report from City Clerk Liz Aguire, who said 200 vehicles traveled through a recent shredding event.
— Jennifer Bonnett
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 12:00 am
Updated: 6:35 am, Wed May 2, 2012.
A Sacramento company has been awarded a $4.4 million bid to construct a new replacement pump station and sewer main pipeline in Galt. The work, approved by the city council on Tuesday with a 4-0 vote, is necessary due to an aging system that is nearly at capacity.
Vice Mayor Marylou Powers was absent.
Or, use your
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 12:00 am.
Updated: 6:35 am.