Taste sensation in Lodi

Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:00 pm

As anxious Lodians waited for the Grape Festival doors to unlock at 4 p.m. Thursday, food vendors already had the grills fired up, oil almost set to a boil and whipped cream ready to pile on everything baked and fried.

Outside, four Lodi foodies were ready to judge the best eats of the festival. News-Sentinel food columnist Robyn Grace Jennings, Alebrijes Mexican Restaurant owner and chef Ruben Larrazolo, News-Sentinel photographer Dan Evans and I stepped on the grounds and headed for one of last year's Grape Festival favorites: the corn dog.

• posted at 6:34 am on Wed, Sep 17, 2008.

T & C: You shouldn't blast anyone about blog names. We all know you are the ultimate blog name thief so it's time you back of with your attacks bucko.

• posted at 4:11 pm on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

dogs, your spelling and grammar and your blather tonight makes me think you may have imbibed too much tonight?

• posted at 3:08 pm on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

T&C is a figment of t & c`s mind, he is something like that old radio program "The Shadow" he has the power to cloud mens and womans minds. Why won`t the real T&c come out of hiding and confront the gob`s on their own turf? Whats to loose, t & c you just might make an impression that will swoop your old bones into a position of power and you could oust a gob. Just think, out with the old and in with the older. And btw C&T opppsss belay that, if you went to the grape festival your home early, doc`s orders?

• posted at 2:28 pm on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

Hi Whoa Nellie! You know T&C by all his names very well! One the one hand he despises all "GOB's"! On the other hand, he says he sits on the "Inner circle of Gob's" to justify what he thinks on Every danged topic he can complain of, but I agree, "He will never run for City Council" to "Help the common people"! I offered to print up the "Down with Gob's, VOTE for T&C; but he never accepted my help!

• posted at 9:12 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

As for the food....I just don't get the attraction to the Negrete's tacos. My wife loves them and that is the only thing she will eat tonight. I feel their mushy, greasy, and have little taste. Give me a Corn Dog with mustard any day! And a cold beer to wash it down ;-)

• posted at 9:09 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

Mrs S & WY, I couldn't agree more. We all know one T&C (or whatever combo) is one too many here on these blogs.And we all know the orginal T&C would never, ever tell us that's he's going to be in Joanne's booth. He is way to scared to reveal his true identity. He blasts away at everyone, and I mean everyone; King, CC, LUSD, and any & all businessmen/women who have worked hard and have attian greater success and wealth than he has. He's got ideas/solutions for every problem but will not run for office, nor speak in public. Remember, he watches all of the CC meetings at home on tv.

• posted at 7:45 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

Have a great time at the fair, Mrs. S.!

• posted at 4:33 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

We haven't been to the Grape Festival for the last couple of years, but we might go this year.I can't keep all the T and C combinations straight. There's one with a space, one without a space, one with an "and" in the middle, and the others have "&" in the middle. There must be three or four of them at least.

• posted at 4:17 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

T & C wrote on Sep 12, 2008 8:05 AM:" The fair is okay, But I have to watch my diet! "Yes, we know.

• posted at 4:17 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

T & C: You're gettin' worked up about others and their blog names????? Oh, just zip it for God's sake! LOL!

• posted at 4:06 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

Hellloooo........Can you all pick one handle? (Big babies) Be who you are and hang with it!

• posted at 3:09 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

Good Morning Whoa Nellie!! Rest assured you will see no guy wearing a T-shirt saying "Look Everyone! I am the Real T & C, TandC, tc, TC, patton1, edumacation, and on and on! As much as TandC hates GOB's, (snicker) he would never rub elbows with anyone connected to so called Gob's! Have a great time at the festival Whoa Nellie!

• posted at 3:06 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

TandC, patton is another one of your blog names. Why are you talking to yourself in this forum? I am getting worried!

• posted at 3:05 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

The fair is okay, But I have to watch my diet!

• posted at 2:49 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

Oh, I'll make sure to stop and talk to you T&C. My quick lap through the "market place" just might be a little bit more interesting tonight. You know T&C since I'm such a big GOB (insert sarcasm) I've got to get in free before 5pm. That's how I can afford to invest in all the land and development deals with the boys during our secret meetings at W&R. rofl...

• posted at 1:48 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

Please tell me the Lockeford sausages and the great ribeye lions sandwiches are there. PLEASE! And a funnel cake for dessert. Enjoy.

• posted at 1:47 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

All of those heroin addicts that the carnies brought along with them have taken over Lawrence Park from the homeless! I guess that's OK since it's the Grape Festival. Personally, I'll be there tonight with my elect JoAnn Mounce buttons and my smile on. Stop and say hi common, realty, nellie, girardo, real facts, rear admiral Bob, or patton, whichever the case may be. I know 8PM is bedtime for you patton, so I'll excuse you. Have a great day and hope to see you this evening. God bless you all!