Keep California Beautiful will celebrate Earth Day during the California Statewide Litter Collection, Enforcement and Beautification Day today.
The day will feature cleanup activities throughout California. The California Department of Transportation and California Highway Patrol will coordinate statewide to collect litter and promote enforcement. CEAR, Inc. will co-host e-waste collection events at a number of participating McDonald's locations.
From 7 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., to support recycling in and around Lodi, there will be e-waste collection sites in the following locations:
- 200 W. Lodi Ave., Lodi.
- 2312 W. Kettleman Lane, Lodi.
- 324 Pine St., Galt.
Items that can be dropped off at any of the e-waste collection sites include:
- Monitors, televisions (including LCD, LED, and projection).
- Desktop and laptop PCs, keyboards, mice and other computer items, including cables and power supplies.
- VCRs, CD and DVD players as well as video game consoles.
- Home and car stereo equipment, speakers, wires and adapters.
- Cellphones, PDAs, digital cameras, calculators and home telephones.
- CDs/video cassettes/beta/DAT Tapes.
- Printers, copiers, scanners and fax machines.
- Microwaves and other small kitchen appliances.
- Servers, mainframes, circuit boards.
- Hair dryers, straighteners, electric razors and electric toothbrushes.
- Electric space heaters, humidifiers, electric fans and vaccuums.
The day will also include a kick-off event at 10 a.m. at the State Capitol sponsored by the American Chemistry Council.