- In other action
On Tuesday, trustees also:
- With a 4-3 vote, tabled a decision to eliminate four part-time
speech language pathology assistants in the district's Health
- Recommended appointment of Homar Juarez, of Stockton, to serve
on the Measure L Citizens' Oversight Committee.
- Approved the GOT Kids Foundation articles of incorporation and
authorized staff to take the next official steps to form the
foundation. However, it could take another two to three months
before the foundation is fully operational, according to
Superintendent Cathy Nichols-Washer. The foundation would serve as
a central hub where district donations could be received.
- Considered a credential waiver for driver's education
- Recognized Nancy Hennefer for receiving the Southwest District
Elementary School Physical Education Teacher of the Year by the
National Association for Sport and Physical Education.
— Jennifer Bonnett
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:00 am
Updated: 7:32 am, Wed Aug 3, 2011.
Although school started Monday, Lodi Unified School District
officials will not know for weeks exactly how many students are
enrolled for the 2011-12 school year.
That was among the items Superintendent Cathy Nichols-Washer
briefed trustees on at Tuesday's regular school board meeting.
Or, use your
Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:00 am.
Updated: 7:32 am.