Volunteers at the Lodi Food Bank and Second Step Living are hosting a citywide food drive for the Jamestown Food Bank. The bank is feeding families evacuated from their homes due to the Rim Fire, as well as firefighters and other emergency workers fighting the massive blaze.
The group plans to take their first load of donations and food to Jamestown on Wednesday.
Send contributions to the Lodi Food Bank, 17238 N. Bruella Road, Victor. The bank is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday and Monday. Call Sandy Dykema or Tia Gardner at 209-339-4477 for special arrangements.
The items most needed are:
- Paper plates, cups, bowls, napkins and utensils.
- Items that can fill out a meal, like boxed potatoes, chips, canned chili, canned vegetables, pasta and sauce.
- Meat items, like hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken quarters, pot roasts, etc.
- Baby food.
- Diabetic-friendly food.
- Bottled water and juices.
- Any fresh fruits in bulk.
- Banana and produce boxes for shipping.