An 18-year-old Galt teen is being sought in connection with last week's shooting and stabbing, and prosecutors have charged him with attempted murder.
Thomas Edward Cruz, who goes by the nicknames of "Romp" or "Rompus," is now the fifth suspect charged in the Wednesday assaults. A judge signed a $1 million arrest warrant for Cruz, who police said frequents Galt, Lodi, Sacramento and Rancho Cordova.
Police released a photo taken from Cruz's MySpace page, asked the public to contact investigators and said he could be armed and dangerous.
Last Wednesday, Cruz and several other young men allegedly confronted a man at his home around 1 a.m. in the 200 block of Emerald Oak Drive, Galt Police Lt. Brian Vizzusi said.
Cruz allegedly fired several rounds at the man, who was not struck.
Thirteen hours later, at 2:15 p.m., Cruz and four others allegedly attacked a man at a gas station in the 300 block of Pine Street in Galt. The 18-year-old Tracy man suffered several stab wounds to the abdomen and was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police chased and caught four of the suspects, who were all arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and gang enhancements.
A 17-year-old Acampo boy and two Galt boys, ages 16 and 17, were booked into Sacramento Juvenile Detention Center. Anthony Kapewa, 18, of Tracy, was booked into the Sacramento jail.
Kapewa has since been charged with attempted murder and assault.
Cruz is described as Hispanic, 5-feet, 9-inches tall, 148 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information on his location may call Galt police at 366-7000, or anonymous tips, which may be eligible for a cash reward, may be made to Galt Area Crime Stoppers at 888-393-TIPS (888-393-8477).
Contact reporter Layla Bohm at layla@ lodinews.com.