With the first Tuesday in August just days away, neighborhoods throughout Lodi and San Joaquin County are prepping for National Night Out. On Aug. 6, police, firefighters and paramedics will join residents for a night of fighting crime and raising community awareness.
“This provides a unique opportunity for the city of Lodi to join forces with the community and heighten crime prevention awareness,” said Officer Aleisa Nunes of the Lodi Police Department.
More than 70 parties are scheduled to take place during Lodi’s 30th annual celebration. Many will feature food, drinks, inflatable bouncing houses, McGruff the Crime Dog — who turns 33 this year — and more
And, of course, Mayor Alan Nakanishi, council members and Lodi’s law enforcement officers are scheduled to make special appearances at many parties.
“It is essential that all citizens of Lodi be aware of the importance of crime prevention programs and the impact that their individual and group participation can have on reducing crime and drug abuse in the city of Lodi,” Lodi Mayor Alan Nakanishi said in a statement.
The city of Galt is also celebrating its 30th annual National Night Out with neighborhood festivities aimed at crime and drug prevention.
San Joaquin County Sheriff Office’s deputies, canines, volunteers and California Highway Patrol officers will attend gatherings throughout the county.
Here is a list of locations the Sheriff’s Office will attend in northern San Joaquin County:
- Tami Lane Neighborhood Watch, 19300 block of Tami Lane, Woodbridge, 6 p.m.
- Woodbridge-Acampo Neighborhood Watch, 10100 block of E. Woodbridge Road, Acampo, 6 to 9 p.m.
- Woodbridge Neighborhood Watch, 18800 block of Olive Avenue, Woodbridge, 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- Double L Mobile Home Park, 18400 block of N. Highway 88, Lockeford, 5 p.m.
- Lambert Village Neighborhood Watch, 19200 block of Lambert Way, Woodbridge, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Bear Creek Neighborhood Watch, 18900 block of Creekview Drive, Lockeford, 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- Augusta Neighborhood Watch, 18900 block of N. Augusta St., Woodbridge, 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- Sowles Road Neighborhood Watch, 23500 block of N. Sowles Road, Acampo, 6 to 9 p.m.
Contact reporter Kristopher Anderson at email@example.com.