Flying off the shelves

Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:00 pm

As dusk settles in, slowly giving way to the night, you stroll through a cool, quiet Lodi park. Suddenly, without warning, a glowing object flies past your head. Then, what seems to be an other-worldly orb comes at you!

Relax. It's probably just the Glow and Throw UFO Flying Disc created by Lodi native Bryan Stamos.

• posted at 2:50 am on Sat, Aug 2, 2008.

Cogito meant to be cognito,but when the application was done with the error, he just decided to keep cogito, you were not meant to know him/her; I doubt you will be getting a meeting

• posted at 6:56 pm on Fri, Aug 1, 2008.

Oh, one more thing. Cogito, you say that you have know me for years. Well, who are you? I have never known anyone named Cogito. So are you willing to reveal who you are or will we need a secret closed session meeting for that?

• posted at 6:51 pm on Fri, Aug 1, 2008.

Or you can just copy this link and watch it in flight! http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1277162/glow_and_throw_ufo_lighted_flying_disc/

• posted at 6:44 pm on Fri, Aug 1, 2008.

Thanks for all the congrats and well wishing. Each evening occassion one will only need to use 3 or 4 glow lights to create the various flying shapes and colors light displays. This allows for 4 to 5 nights of evening fun and of course the disc can be thrown indefinately during daylight hours. Replacement lights are available in assorted colors. To watch the 'Glow and Throw UFO' in flight go to the website and watch the video at the bottom of the page. www.glowandthrowufo.com l0ll0vel0di <--- Glad you enjoyed the 'Glow and Throw UFO'

• posted at 6:02 pm on Fri, Aug 1, 2008.

My 13 yr old son and I played with a UFO Flying Disc...it was alot of fun. I was better at throwing it. My son probably threw it over my head on purpose to make me run to catch it. As for how long the glow sticks last...they lasted HOURS longer then we played! I wish I could run and play til the glow is gone. Sunset to sunrise!

• posted at 4:29 pm on Fri, Aug 1, 2008.

Okay. I did Google and find the actual website for the product (http://www.glowandthrowufo.com/). I'm surprised that it wasn't included in the article. It does list replacement glow sticks (14 of a variety of colors and in various combinations for $4.95 for each pack).Interesting.

• posted at 4:17 pm on Fri, Aug 1, 2008.

G, these glow sticks have the same duration as past glow sticks. Not as long as you'd like, but a lot longer, and less expensive, than fireworks.

• posted at 4:11 pm on Fri, Aug 1, 2008.

While I congratulate anyone for breaking through with a unique invention in our ever-increasing competitive market, I do have a few questions about this specific item.Just how long do these 'glow sticks' remain illuminated before they are ineffective? My experience with these types of devices (sold at fairs, carnivals, circuses, etc.) is that they only last for a few hours. While I searched for the toy on the ThinkGeek and BurningMan websites (using its official name (Glow and Throw UFO Flying Disc) as well as the tagline (Cool Alien Technology)) and came up empty, I did find it listed on the SpaceStore page selling for $10.95. It doesn't mention the longevity of the glow stick devices nor does it advertise replacement sticks once they do wear out. Could these be re-chargeable glow sticks? I haven't heard of such a thing in relation to other like products, so I am interested in learning.Any thoughts?

• posted at 2:10 pm on Fri, Aug 1, 2008.

Congrats to Bry! Anyone who achieves success with a long-strived for project deserves a pat on the back. Capitalists RULE!!!!Just have to put a little damper on the whole thing though - Mr. anti-New-World-Order placed the order for his product with a CHINESE producer... BRY...shame on you! And just after writing a scathing letter about immigrants storming our borders. Guess $$ wins out every time.

• posted at 12:12 pm on Fri, Aug 1, 2008.

bry, great story and great invention.Best luck to you.

• posted at 6:05 am on Fri, Aug 1, 2008.

UFo's huh? That explains some of the posters here doesn't it.

• posted at 4:45 am on Fri, Aug 1, 2008.

Then I know you must be Cool too Cog..this is such a red-letter day for Bry and his family...HERE'S TO.WISHING HIM MUCH SUCCESS!!!

• posted at 4:33 am on Fri, Aug 1, 2008.

Cc, I have known Bryan for years and are familiar with his talents. I have seen his comedy routine and found it quite good. That's why I said what I said. I love his eye witness/ man on the street routine, it's hysterical!

• posted at 3:57 am on Fri, Aug 1, 2008.

Cogito, little do u know that comedy is one of Bryan's sidelines, he has a multitude of attributes and knowing him for many years, we appreciate his humor and talents...be slow to judge others and we appreciate your right to free speech and your humor also.

• posted at 3:24 am on Fri, Aug 1, 2008.

Bryan, man, you still got those things laying around your house? Best of luck in getting it going. When you're a toy tycoon, I can say "I knew him when". Maybe you can quit work and pursue that comedy career.

• posted at 2:52 am on Fri, Aug 1, 2008.

Bryan:You are so gifted, congrats on doing all the right things to get this product going and available for all ages. You did all the safety checks and worked hard and invested alot...Lodi should be proud to have another entrepreneur.