Career-based high school courses growing in popularity
Galt preschool students learn about Lunar New Year as part of the Child Development and Family Services program.
- There’s a program for that!
There are 15 recognized industry sectors in the state’s Career and Technical Education program. The career paths include:
- Arts, Media and Entertainment
- Building Trades and Construction*
- Business and Finance
- Child Development and Family Services*
- Energy and Utilities
- Engineering and Design*
- Fashion and Interior Design*
- Health Science and Medical Technology
- Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation*
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing and Product Development*
- Marketing, Sales and Services
- Public Services
* Offered in the Galt Joint Union High School District
— Source: California Department of Education
Posted: Saturday, March 9, 2013 12:00 am
Some of Michelle Antrobus’ students have known since a young age that they wanted to work in the hospitality industry.
Specialized courses offered at Galt High School and other area campuses are helping students like these get a taste of the occupation long before they fill out their first application.
Or, use your
Saturday, March 9, 2013 12:00 am.