For the love of Ryan

Related Videos

Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 10:00 pm

It's 6 a.m. when Clifford Weaver flips on the overhead light in his son's bedroom.

Ryan is still covered by his green and black panda bear bedspread, but he is awake and looks his father in the eye.

• posted at 9:38 am on Mon, Mar 31, 2008.

The Pat on the Back award goes to the parents, I commend you Dad and Mom for the dedication, time, acceptance and most of all patience. I say all this because I too have a son who is disabled. He was put into a group home (not my choice) He is well taken care of. Unfortunalty, we live so far away that we don't see each other. But he knows that we love him very much. Once again, Bravo Dad and Mom, I know its difficult at times, But God gave you a Angel!

• posted at 3:47 am on Sun, Mar 30, 2008.

We want to thank our community,at large(Lodi and beyond)for being so gracious with Ryan.The LNS,the editor,Chris Nichols(reporter),Brian Feulner(photographer),for presenting this story in such a positive and informative way has truely touched our hearts.Thanks,The Weavers.If we can be of help to anyone,contact us at
    weaver.abby@yahoo.com

• posted at 3:18 am on Sun, Mar 30, 2008.

clifford and abby you are truely amazing

• posted at 1:50 pm on Thu, Mar 27, 2008.

I want to say thank you to the LNS for this wonderful, heart felt and important local "Life story"! I am proud to know this family! Raymond.

• posted at 5:29 pm on Sun, Mar 23, 2008.

it is alont of responsiblies your story about your son Ryan let me know i not alone with this and there are loving parents going threw the same thing as i am you have been able to have a schedule for Ryan i have not been able to do that i do take my son every where i go he is always with me your story tell your everyday life and it tell the story of other parents days and nights thank you again for your story i hope to meet you one day

• posted at 5:14 pm on Sun, Mar 23, 2008.

i have learn by reading your story that most adult or children with disablies get upset and have anger problem my son does you can not force him to do anything he doesn't want to do you learn to found way to get there attention on other thing your son Ryan is tall he a big adult and i am sure it not easy alot of times i also would never put my son anywhere else but with me to raise him maybe one day will meet along the way thank for your story i love reading it

• posted at 5:04 pm on Sun, Mar 23, 2008.

I don't know you Abby,Clifford,or Ryan my son is a year older than your son i understand what it take to raise a disabled adult it is not easy and it take alot of your time my parent help me alot also my son was in adult program in the lodi school dist i am at this time trying to find a program for adults with developmental disabilities since my son been in school since he was 13 months i gave him a break from school my is son is short but strong and is alot like your son

• posted at 3:36 am on Sun, Mar 23, 2008.

That's great his parents take care of him. So many in their situation don't. God Bless you!

• posted at 2:37 pm on Sat, Mar 22, 2008.

seeing as how I have know them all my life as Im cliffs younger brother this is just a little I have seen and heard they have had to go thought and put up with and all they have lost I have been blessed to see Ryan growing and learning and them getting old but arent we all what I have seen and know is how they help other's no matter what and to think what all they are/went through to get to know it all so far as when they pass on we all will losemkw

• posted at 10:24 am on Sat, Mar 22, 2008.

God bless Ryan and his family. My daughter has Down syndrome, and I've been researching different adult programs for a few years now (my daughter's currently a teenager). I'm impressed with programs in other areas, and we may even move when she grows up.

Lodi Adult School has a relatively good program for people with developmental disabilities, though, and if we stay in Lodi, my daughter may attend that one.

• posted at 3:49 am on Sat, Mar 22, 2008.

I am very very proud to know Abby, her husband Clifford and her son Ryan. When ever a care provider is going somewhere in Lodi and I see them, I make sure that he is being cared for properly. The Weavers are very loving and compassionate people and I wish every family with a disabled child could be so loving, untiring and unselfish! Thank you Chris Nichols for putting together such a wonderful article. Raymond Cook