The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Lodi Animal Advisory Commission
- Animal Shelter statistics for August.
- Progress report on shelter improvements.
- Discuss feedback from annual report to the City Council.
When and where: 6 p.m., police department community room, 215 W. Elm St., Lodi.
Lodi Public Library board
- Progress report on next phase of the library renovation project.
- Updates on e-book services and the volunteer services position.
- Reports from Friends of the Lodi Public Library, Lodi Public Library Foundation and Library Director Nancy Martinez.
- Financial and private sector reports.
When and where: 5:30 p.m., Lodi Public Library, 201 W. Locust St.
Greater Lodi Area Youth Commission
Tonight’s scheduled meeting has been canceled.
Lodi City Council shirtsleeve session
- Presentation on the San Joaquin Council of Government’s “smart growth” plan.
When and where: 7 a.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Galt Joint Union Elementary School District board of trustees
- Receive a report from former trustee Sue Roberts on a renewed effort to look at unifying the high school and elementary districts.
- Approve five new courses of study including foods and nutrition.
- Vote on a contract for the “Breaking Down the Walls” workshop to be held at Liberty Ranch and Galt high schools.
- Hear an informational report on the district’s special education program.
- Review Associated Student Body financial reports from both high schools for August.
When and where: 6:30 p.m., Galt City Hall City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Lodi Improvement Committee
- Bylaw amendment.
- Reports from the Lodi Community Development, Police and Public Works departments.
When and where: 6 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
scheduled meeting has been canceled.
Lodi Planning Commission
- Public hearing for a use permit to allow Alebrijes owner Ruben Darro Larrazolo to acquire an Alcoholic Beverage Control license at his future restaurant location at 10 W. Oak St.
- General plan update.
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Lodi Site Plan & Architectural Review Committee (SPARC)
- Site plan and elevations for a small-collection recycling area at 610 W. Kettleman Lane.
- Site plan by Geweke Family Partnership’s request for exterior alteration and sign distribution for Pad 6, a 9,460-square-foot retail building at 1361 S. Lower Sacramento Road.
When and where: 5:15 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Lodi Arts Commission
- Discuss National Arts & Humanities open house scheduled for Oct. 28 and the 2012 Taco Truck Cookoff.
- Hear reports on the Art Advisory Board, Art Hop, artisan masters and potential grants.
When and where: 1 p.m., Hutchins Street Square, Thomas Theatre Gallery, 125 S. Hutchins St., Lodi.
Woodbridge Sanitary District board
- Consider adopting district’s official response to the San Joaquin County Grand Jury report, which lists several allegations against the district. The response was submitted to the grand jury on Sept. 2.
- Review purchasing policy for the general manager.
- Adopt a business plan for the district.
- Discuss concrete material found in the sewer lines in the Wine Country subdivision.
- Discuss engineer’s inspection of district sewer lines.
- Consider purchasing a used vehicle.
When and where: 7 p.m., fire station, 400 E. Augusta St., Woodbridge.
Galt Parks and Recreation Commission
When and where: City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Galt Planning Commission
Tonight’s scheduled meeting is canceled.
Woodbridge Irrigation District board
- Tour of Beaver Slough, Wilkerson lateral improvement project, city of Stockton water treatment plant site and city of Lodi water treatment plant site.
When and where: 9 a.m., meet at district office, 18777 N. Lower Sacramento Road, Woodbridge; board memebers will take field trip in van bus.
Reclamation District 348 board
- Update of the Mokelumne River levee rehabilitation project between Interstate 5 and Wimpy’s Marina.
When and where: 2 p.m., Croce & Co., 501 W. Weber Ave., fifth floor, Stockton.