Flag Day celebration focuses on country's history, cutting taxes

Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Sunday evening's "TEA party" may have been advertised as nonpartisan, but the Flag Day event was filled with people highly critical of President Barack Obama and expressing fear that America as we know it is in a state of decline.

"The enemy occupies the White House. The enemy occupies the halls of Congress," former KFBK radio talk show host Mark Williams told a crowd of about 200 at Lodi's All-Veterans Plaza.

• posted at 6:08 am on Mon, Jun 22, 2009.

Real reason there was not more people, and most of you never mentioned it, was that there was not a lot of communication for there being an event on Flag Day at the plaza.I am sure that the nationally coordinated ones will be bigger.

• posted at 6:05 am on Mon, Jun 22, 2009.

Yes, many of the attendees were Republicans and conservatives. Why? because it is mostly they that don't like Socialism. It should be all Americans that don't like Socialism. But many people in California, and especially San Joaquin County, get some kind of monetary entitlement due to a socialist program. Socialist programs is what killed our state budget. You would save billions just getting illegal aliens out of California. Oh wait the people tried that with Prop. 187 and the Socialist stopped the people again. TEA party should have started then.Wow IBEW! One of the last few unions not taken over by illegal aliens and their open border supporters. That's why you still have a decent wage. Try being an Airline mechanic in Texas. Many are being replaced by foreigners.

• posted at 7:45 am on Sun, Jun 21, 2009.

Happy Father's Day to all the great Dad's out there! Enjoy your day. :-)

• posted at 4:14 am on Sun, Jun 21, 2009.

Lodian wrote on Jun 18, 2009 1:36 PM:" dyan wrote on Jun 18, 2009 9:35 AM:" Enough of the "my party's better yours" game. Get real, Lodian."I'll remember this comment when you start in with how you love Sarah Palin. UGH! LOL! "-It's a love hate relationship we have with all politicians. It just happens to be Dyan hates Obama more than she loves him.

• posted at 3:28 pm on Sat, Jun 20, 2009.

In this article Stefan Simandi summed it up well by saying Jesus is the key to keeping this country superior.Amen to that!

• posted at 3:16 pm on Sat, Jun 20, 2009.

http://xpress.sfsu.edu/archives/news/004352.htmlEvery year unsuspecting tourists and families stroll into the Folsom Street Fair. Some turn away at the gates after being warned by security officials about the event�s graphic sadomasochistic nature, while others saunter in with baby strollers and young children. -I guess all these people who go to the Faire are are just a mirage, Lodian?No, I don't make it a habit of posting links with anything that may be unacceptable to LNS. I'm not that stupid. So, you'll have to find your own link with anything of that nature.I'm not as curious as you.

• posted at 2:50 pm on Sat, Jun 20, 2009.

Lodian,It has been a long time since I checked in. Sorry. Looks like you are still wasting might and day here. You need friends and a social life.I will check back in a few months. I will expect to find you here. What a waste.LR

• posted at 2:33 pm on Sat, Jun 20, 2009.

...lame!

• posted at 2:33 pm on Sat, Jun 20, 2009.

Brian wrote on Jun 20, 2009 1:49 PM:" Lodian, From what I have observed, you and Billy are either under extreme peer pressure to not condemn these objects or you two just don't think they are disrespectful and there is no peer pressure.It's simple, condemn these objects and I won't bring it up anymore. "------------------------Looks like you're the one doing the pressuring, Brian. Is this what you consider a "debate" skill? LOL!

• posted at 2:30 pm on Sat, Jun 20, 2009.

Brian: I'm not going to condemn something I know nothing about just because you say so. I don't know you or respect you and I don't believe anything you say. You have proven yourself to be a bigot and a liar here on these blogs so no one can take you seriously. I've asked you plenty of times where you've gotten your gay fair information and you won't divulge your sources of information. So, really, how can anyone ever take you seriously? (rhetorical)

• posted at 8:49 am on Sat, Jun 20, 2009.

• posted at 8:43 am on Sat, Jun 20, 2009.

Brian wrote on Jun 19, 2009 2:57 PM:" Lodian wrote:Of course you didn't. Voter. That's Brians job. He's always disrespectful.-Coming from a woman who agrees with Billy Rubin that Jesus shaped dildos aren't disrespectful, how she is able to decipher what is disrespectful and what isn't, I don't know. "-Just a tad different.

• posted at 7:59 am on Sat, Jun 20, 2009.

Brian: Actually, this article isn't even about gay people yet you still brought the topic into the conversation AGAIN so you could talk about your favorite things. Geez, don't you ever think of anything else?

• posted at 6:26 am on Sat, Jun 20, 2009.

Brian wrote on Jun 19, 2009 2:57 PM: "...Jesus shaped dildos aren't disrespectful..."Brian: I have never used those words nor have I spoken of your favorite topic like you do. You bring up these favorite items of yours on almost every blog regarding gay people. That says a lot about you and what you think about all the time.

• posted at 4:06 am on Sat, Jun 20, 2009.

Brian, why do you conflate Jesus and dildos? Why are you so CERTAIN those dildos are "Jesus shaped"??

• posted at 4:10 pm on Fri, Jun 19, 2009.

...soooo predictable.

• posted at 4:08 pm on Fri, Jun 19, 2009.

LOL! Geez, you're not even a small challenge, Brian.

• posted at 9:57 am on Fri, Jun 19, 2009.

• posted at 8:17 am on Fri, Jun 19, 2009.

voter wrote on Jun 19, 2009 11:44 AM:"Brian, I said nothing disrespectful."Of course you didn't. Voter. That's Brians job. He's always disrespectful.

• posted at 6:44 am on Fri, Jun 19, 2009.

Brian, I said nothing disrespectful. One of the attendees is quoted as upset at the demographics of the measly turnout. Maybe less than 30% of the country is identifying as republican, and you've got a tiny subgroup of them, mostly seniors, out waving flags and pitchforks. Can't call that a movement.

• posted at 3:04 am on Fri, Jun 19, 2009.

"This country is being quickly dismantled by our president."— Rhonda Sasaki, of Lodi-My sentiments exactly.

• posted at 3:02 am on Fri, Jun 19, 2009.

We'll have to excuse voter for disrespecting people with white hair.He's off his meds again.

• posted at 3:00 am on Fri, Jun 19, 2009.

Voter wrote:Photo reveals lots of white hair.-People who have stood the test of time tend to get white hair. Sorry you have a problem with that, voter.

• posted at 1:16 pm on Thu, Jun 18, 2009.

Do something if you love America... The flag is beautfull. Remember older American went though two wars and it was bad.. We have not.

• posted at 10:55 am on Thu, Jun 18, 2009.

So, since you guys are in denial about the printing presses, which party will turn us into Argentina on the fastest track?

• posted at 9:55 am on Thu, Jun 18, 2009.

I was on vacation and missed this little soiree. Next time, I think a field trip is in order to check out "the movement." Photo reveals lots of white hair, possibly a couple of grandchildren drug along.

• posted at 8:36 am on Thu, Jun 18, 2009.

• posted at 4:35 am on Thu, Jun 18, 2009.

Enough of the "my party's better yours" game. Get real, Lodian. They are both scum. One is just turning us into Argentina a little faster than the other.

• posted at 8:39 pm on Wed, Jun 17, 2009.

dyan wrote on Jun 17, 2009 2:29 PM:" Welcome to Obama's Soviet Union, comrade! "Ya mean the taps that Bush lined up. Get real, dyan. Your head is deep in the sand.

• posted at 9:29 am on Wed, Jun 17, 2009.

Welcome to Obama's Soviet Union, comrade!

• posted at 4:00 am on Wed, Jun 17, 2009.

Best be careful who you criticize in here, guys. The Las Vegas Review Journal www.lvrj.com (yesterday's story)just received a subpoena from the Feds to turn over personal info on its bloggers who commented on a tax fraud story. Seems a blogger said the Feds should be "hanged" or something of that nature and the Feds consider that a threat to their lives. :) Can't help remembering my parents threatening to strangle me if I didn't come in and clean my room. Guess I should have dialed 9-1-1.

• posted at 3:16 am on Wed, Jun 17, 2009.

Lodian, Do your homework. This whole mess started back in the '90s when Democrats like Barney Frank and Chris Dodd insisted that banks lend to deadbeats in the name of diversity.It is true, however, that Bush turned his back and went along for the ride.

• posted at 2:46 am on Wed, Jun 17, 2009.

Right! LOL!!

• posted at 4:57 pm on Tue, Jun 16, 2009.

dyan wrote on Jun 16, 2009 7:15 PM:" Wait until the kids of libs get the bill for all of this nonsense."The bill was handed to the American people by the Republicans.

• posted at 4:52 pm on Tue, Jun 16, 2009.

dukey wrote on Jun 16, 2009 3:15 PM:"I can't believe the ignorance of Lodians. If you actually believe that this one person, Mr. Obama, is responsible for the deterioration of America you are ignorant."dukey: I agree. The right wingnuts were just chomping at the bit for someone to blame. They waited for Obama to take office and unleashed their anger. It's ignorant at it's worst.

• posted at 2:15 pm on Tue, Jun 16, 2009.

Wait until the kids of libs get the bill for all of this nonsense. There will be some changes made, eventually.

• posted at 1:33 pm on Tue, Jun 16, 2009.

How do you find out when the next one is?

• posted at 1:17 pm on Tue, Jun 16, 2009.

We're going to HAVE to go to the next one of these freak shows just to watch the wild-eyed people in the crowd.

• posted at 1:03 pm on Tue, Jun 16, 2009.

I can't believe Mark Williams is still around. I guess getting bounced from KFBK for being a jerk really affects the chance of getting another job in radio.Maybe they are living off of Holly's real estate business, or maybe he's selling his big house he bought right before getting fired. What a hump.

• posted at 11:49 am on Tue, Jun 16, 2009.

Remember I do not support democrats nor republicans! I believe they are one in the same group of people and the only thing they care about is making their pockets fatter. But acually it was bush sr. who had started and even tried to sign into effect NAFTA but ran out of time. Though it is true Clinton actually signed it into affect, he inserted clauses to protect the american worker and keep their jobs in america. So get YOUR facts straight. Mr. Nielson is right in his comments and I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels that this country needs change. And as long as a republicrat is in office it never will.

• posted at 11:04 am on Tue, Jun 16, 2009.

And guess what president was responsible for letting corporations buy out others and become monopolies, and let them outsource to other countries. BILL CLINTON - DEMOCRAT. Its called NAFTA, read up on it.

• posted at 10:15 am on Tue, Jun 16, 2009.

I can't believe the ignorance of Lodians. If you actually believe that this one person, Mr. Obama, is responsible for the deterioration of America you are ignorant. This is something that has been happening before I was even born. The two party, or should i say single party the republicrats, needs to go. These people are the reason our health care for example is so messed up. People who have "special interest" in banking, oil, tobacco, health care, etc... should not be allowed to run for office. Contributions for campaigns from these groups are given to Politicians running for office so that if elected now owe them favors. It's like we are already in a Monarchy and Mr. Obama is just putting light to this by government ran auto and bank industries. He's not the one who ran these companies in the ground. He's just trying to keep them opperating so the American people still have jobs. These companies have sent our jobs overseas and don't have any intentions of bringing them back to America. For what cheaper labor, parts? How much much cheaper can it actually be to build new facilities then ship them across an entire ocean.

• posted at 7:28 am on Tue, Jun 16, 2009.

Their insincere bleats that it was a non-partisan event are hilarious. I mean, did you read those BUTTONS? LOLWhy no truth in marketing?; "Grumpy, Suspicious Old White People congealed at Veteran's Plaza to gripe about everything and blame everyone else."

• posted at 4:06 am on Tue, Jun 16, 2009.

I worship Jesus is silence. I am an AmericanI don't need to wave a colored piece of cloth to feel like a patriot. I don't need a collered piece of tin on my lapel to make me feel patriotic. I may put my hand over my heart, I may not, I am an American. I don't have the need to to pray before CC meetings. If the jackasses haven't got it right by then don't waste the time. I am an American and proud of it. You may agree with me, you may not and that is our rights as Americans. .

• posted at 5:56 pm on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

cont'd- Although this section of the Anti Terrorism training was written in 2006, each section has been constantly revised and updated. There has been NO revision of this test question, even after two lawsuits. If you read the new National Security Directives, they have all been approved by Mr. Obama. Only two of the NSD's and NSPD's have been modified. But these pertained to the specific practice of waterboarding and "rendition" of non-combatants bfrom other countries. All other Directives remain the same. Apparently Obama seeing the huge powers of the President, decided to keep them for himself.

• posted at 5:47 pm on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

jbhiker- All the words were mine but the quiz on Question #1 which I referenced to the FAS hyperlink. Go ahead---READ IT. They are my words.

• posted at 5:09 pm on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

OH MY GAWD!! Edumacation - YOU are a Cut-n-Paster!! And all this time I was thinking you were having original thoughts!?!

• posted at 4:59 pm on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

To LNS: This was an interesting story that prompts many questions.From the remarks of some of the posts, it looks like more than few readers regard the Flag Day celebration as a protest. If this meeting was a protest, a new DOD regulation approved by the POTUS defines the meeting as "LOW-LEVEL TERRORISM"Here are the facts from the new ANTI-TERRORIST training manual:DoDI 2000.16 QUIZ ON ANTI-TERRORISM (AT)Terrorism Threat Factors- Knowledge Check 1"Which of the following is an example of low-level terrorism activity?Select the correct answer and then click Check Your Answer. O Attacking the PentagonO IEDsO Hate crimes against racial groupsO Protests*** The "correct" answer is Protests.-------------------------------------The US Northcom and CCMRF have been activated in the USA to counter terrorist threats. Is it the intention of liberals who support Obama to take away or freedom to assemble and speak?http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/dod/i2000_16.pdfWe should all wonder if we intended to elect the President or a self-described King.

• posted at 2:39 pm on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

jbhiker, nice resume.

• posted at 2:26 pm on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

David Nielsen wrote:" Tell me JB HIker.." I rarely toot my horn but for you an exception. Sadly I have an autographed picture of GWBushJr on my toilet wall. It's position on the fireplace mantle replaced with my Obama autographed photo. I have others in an attic box-Repub & Demo (no diff really). I could wipe my a$$ for a year with all the letters I have written to Feinstein (who never writes back), Boxer (writes back eventually), Pelosi (never writes back) & McNerney (occasionally writes back). I am a political activist/contributor for the IBEW because I believe in Unions and as the son of a Banker, learned to spot and hassle the greedy, hypocritical and ignorant at an early age. I have pressed Arnold to hire my better half to the State Board of Education (she says no). But Bloggers can say anything and many do so what is your point?

• posted at 2:24 pm on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

Of course the event was attended by other than America-hating leftists who only recognize flags with hammer and sickles. To lefties, the flag is not worthy of respect, although it is the exact symbol that gave fighting men hope through world wars and other conflicts. It stands for a united country, something the typical lefty childish trust-funded over-educated anti socials would never support. God Bless America and the Flag!

• posted at 1:01 pm on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

ROFLMAO!!!! Lodian, you're too funny!

• posted at 11:12 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

We should all be worried that there are still people out there that believe in Sarah Palin.

• posted at 8:38 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

Gatemom, you claim that all the troubles in this country cannot be caused by Obama in just 5 months. OK fine, I`ll give him another 5 months.Your suggestion to write my congressman will go nowhere, since most if not all are not read by the congressman, perhaps a flunky that works for him or her. You have a good idea and the best of all, if the person in power doesn`t do a good job, vote them out. To bad in a way since there are a few goods ones, but due to term limits there gone.

• posted at 7:05 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

Excellent point, gatemom, and to underscore what you, as well as David Nielsen, have posted, the following is a dynamite video of Dennis Kucinich, a Democrat, grilling Ken Lewis.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hro6tyGr5N0

• posted at 6:58 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

First I want to start off by saying the beauty of this country is that we can express our views, no matter what they are. That being said, where were these people over the last eight years while our country gradually went into the toilet? You can't seriously blame the Obama administration (in control for a short five months)for all of our nation's ills. These problems didn't spring up overnight. Corporate greed and a lack of moral accountability has ravaged this country and went almost unchecked. We should never bail out banks or people who made poor financial choices of their own free will. That is un-American! While I did not vote for our current president and so far do not agree with most of his ideas, it is much too early to say our fate has been decided. Tea parties and Palin buttons will get us no where. Write your congressperson, if that doesn't work, vote them out!

• posted at 6:43 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

David Nielsen and Cogito....excellent posts!

• posted at 5:01 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

Tell me JB HIker-- have you physically been face to face with ANY elected government official in Sacramento or Anywhere else? Lt. Gov. Mr. Gerimende lives two doors away from me. And I have been actively participating in my community for a few years. Would you like the number of Boxer's regional Sj rep?? Bottom line is- please be careful who you throw stones at-- I KNOW I am trying to make things better. What have you been doing besides letting me have it?

• posted at 4:52 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

Yeah David.. you're gonna change it spouting off in here. ROFLMAO.Want to change it? Let me hear about all the letters you have written to the people you are blaming. Nope.. you are the guy sitting in Lodi Brew telling everyone "the REAL deal"!

• posted at 4:47 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

Cogito- You are right- I was a little too passionate. I agree with you 100%. I attended the Sacramento Tea Party and was joined by like-minded Frustrated American Citizens. I also observed many of the local Republican elected officials slithering through the crowd trying to pass out their propaganda. I might be completely wrong on this statement but: I really believe that the governments first obvious stunt was the assignation of JFK and their ability to do whatever they choose without repercussion. You can actually go all the way back to Andrew Jackson and the Cherokee Trail of Tears to see how far our government will go to benefit it's own elected officials and their desires.

• posted at 4:13 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

David, while I agree with most of what you say, I don't see "pissed off Republicans" in any of these pictures, just concerned Americans. I would bet that the majority of them are Republicans. Democrats were screaming only a few years ago about Bush's spending, and rightly so. But, Democrats become surprisingly mute when it's their guy being irresponsible with the US checkbook.

• posted at 3:57 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

THAT Picture looks like a bunch of pissed off republicans trying to jump on the tea party bandwagon ( As the republicans are doing all across this country). It should be a bunch of non partisans who are upset their constitutional rights are withering away along with their social security and medicare benefits. The presidential debates should have 9 podiums- not two! If you are not completely OUTRAGED- then you are NOT PAYING ATTENTION. http://www.teaparty.org/

• posted at 3:50 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

"The TEA PARTY is NON-PARTISAN"- yeah sure it is!!! LOLLOLIt was supposed to be filled with NON PARTISAN AMERICANS who are fed up with the TWO PARTY SYSTEM. EVERYONE should be screaming over the poor choices of the last 20 years. And screaming about Politicans for hire, corporate lobbying,governmental misappropriation of funds,government interference with the free enterprise system, and misrepresentation!Half the bloggers in this room have NO VISION beyond the Democans, "GOD", and the Republicrats! If this country is going to change- it's citizens have to FORCE both parties to concede to the TRUE will of the people. If you disagree- then I will assume you are in bed with the rest of the greedy thieves that are raping your pockets without accountability. I Love this country- but I have never been more ashamed of it's governmental practices. NO MORE BAILOUTS! LET THE BANKS CLOSE AND THE CAR COMPANIES TUMBLE. AND AUDIT EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL!

• posted at 3:34 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

5 Months in office and you people are ready to drag him to death like they do in Texas. Looks like these are the 200 Sore Losers. Get a clue! We are tired of old farts!

• posted at 2:43 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

I will give this group validity regarding what they're saying about Obama.Guantanamo Prisoners STILL Being Tortured Under Obama http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2009/05/guantanamo-prisoners-still-being.htmlObama Sides With Bush in Spy Casehttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/22/obama-sides-with-bush-in_n_160170.htmlFormer White House Lawyer Tells Senate that “Indefinite Detention” Without Trial Is Occurring In Afghanistan and Iraq, As Well As Guantanamohttp://www.washingtonsblog.com/2009/06/former-white-house-lawyer-tells.htmlObama to send 4,000 more troops to Afghanistan, officials sayhttp://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/26/us.afghanistan.troops/index.html"What Are The Odds Obama Will Win His Bet [On the Economy]? Not So Hot Right Now, Despite Frequent Pep Talks From His Economic Advisers"http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2009/06/what-are-odds-obama-will-win-his-bet-on.htmlBut, overall, you guys are trying to beat a dead horse by hanging onto the old Democrat/Republican dichotomy....as if there is any difference between the two.There isn't.Obama is just carrying on Bush era policies; same song, different verse.

• posted at 2:40 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

journey, I have to agree with you; that's what I thought as well when I read that.That said, another reason not too many showed up is due to the fact that RINOs are co-opting the Campaign for Liberty strategy; you talked the talk initially, but you obviously don't walk the talk.If you want young people, who are our future, best get with the winning program. Young Americans for Liberty are growing by leaps and bounds; but they don't support Sarah Palin. LOL!http://blog.yaliberty.org/

• posted at 2:15 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

No wonder so few people showed up. "If you don't get five people to come with you, don't bother coming" sounds like a bit of a tyrant to me.

• posted at 1:19 am on Mon, Jun 15, 2009.

He also urged everyone to worship Jesus because He is the key to keeping America a superior country."If you lose Jesus, you'd be like the other countries today," Simandi said. AMEN!!! I could not agree more.