Lodi Police have little to go on in weekend gang-related crimes

Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:00 am

No arrests have been made in four gang-related weekend injuries, and Lodi police aren't even sure where the crimes happened because the victims won't say.

One 19-year-old man was injured during a Saturday night fight outside a quinceañera at a rented hall in Downtown Lodi. But police don't know if three other injuries, including gunshot wounds, were related, Sgt. Dale Miller said.

• posted at 12:56 pm on Tue, Mar 23, 2010.

Norte XIV!

• posted at 4:33 am on Sat, Mar 20, 2010.

The Gang problem is a priority with the LPD. They are doing what they can, but also need the help from the community. As for those who write about it, how about presenting ideas instead of sounding like you are "out in left field". It disturbs me that it goes from gangs to the traffic officers. What are you thinking..Oh forget it, you never thought or cared about the problem to begin with!!!

• posted at 3:54 pm on Thu, Mar 18, 2010.

Now Acampo why would you think I don't like you or the place you choose to live? It was you who attacked Lodi first, was it not? I was merely pointing the hypocrisy of someone living in Acampo looking down at Lodi.Let's be serious, you may be surrounded by this and that, all the while sky divers are falling to their deaths (how many is it now, 10?) but there's no way if you live in Acampo you don't hear the trains to the West or the Freeway that runs thru your front yard. Get real.Now if I wanted to attack someone that lives in Acampo I would say something mean like, "So how many cars DO you have on blocks in your front yard?" or something like, "When you bought your house did the ad say something about easy freeway access?"But I wouldn't do that.

• posted at 10:45 am on Thu, Mar 18, 2010.

Lodibill...My house is surrounded by beautiful grapevines and horses and my children get to play with animals, while watching "planes" and "jumpers" all day long. Please... 99 doesn't run right through Lodi? lol... u are funny. But thats ok, because we really don't like Lodi visitors over here anyway. I am glad You don't like us. ;)

• posted at 11:15 pm on Wed, Mar 17, 2010.

Acampo-What, I can't hear you from the freeway noise! Yea right Acampo, now there's heaven! Could you're community be any closer to the freeway? Oh that's right, Hwy 99 runs right thru the middle of "Acampo"! lol

• posted at 11:13 pm on Wed, Mar 17, 2010.

caliwings-Why do you want lodiqt's ip addy? What would you do with it? Are you threatening someone? Does he not have the right to his OPINION? Where in the heck do YOU get off, are you the OPINION Police?The poster stated his OPINION, they have that right. YOU don't have to listen, read, or agree with it, do you?

• posted at 4:57 pm on Wed, Mar 17, 2010.

Tonight was another shooting. Suspects were Hispanic and so was the victim. I also heard that at least one of the suspects was a gang member.

• posted at 4:39 pm on Wed, Mar 17, 2010.

Glad I live in ACAMPO. That is all I have to say. I haven't seen a gang banger on my street in a couple of years.

• posted at 1:06 pm on Wed, Mar 17, 2010.

LodiQt, you are the closest thing to a cockroach!

• posted at 11:49 am on Wed, Mar 17, 2010.

LodiQt wrote "Lock up all the Sanches's and Ochoa's!"Lodiqt: It sounds like you are the one that should be locked up.

• posted at 7:25 am on Wed, Mar 17, 2010.

LodiQT you dont know the sanches's and the ochoa's and if you do then they obviously dont like you. There not bad people so keep your comments to yourself. Things happen and theres always some type of incident its not just the certain people. So stop being a drama queen just cause u want certain people to be locked up even though they didnt do anything that night. Keep your rude comments to yourself nobody cares about what you have to say. :D

• posted at 6:30 am on Wed, Mar 17, 2010.

To the ISSUE OF THE STORY at hand... you are not going to get any information on what happened and you never will. You may hear of some more violence or possible deaths, but not anything that points to events of that evening. Not in this town, and not while there's not a single Hispanic descent sitting on the City Council (low blow... I know).

• posted at 6:25 am on Wed, Mar 17, 2010.

LodiQT that is the most ignorant thing I have ever read on this website (including Wal Mart debate); John... could you run a reverse trace on the IP address tag that LodiQT left whilst posting his comment? Would love to know this guys last name.Actually, hold off on that.Maybe LodiQT would like to retract his statement?

• posted at 4:32 am on Wed, Mar 17, 2010.

come on lodiqt, lock up any one with a hispanic last name??

• posted at 4:25 am on Wed, Mar 17, 2010.

oh btw for you crying about tickets, maybe drive like you are supposed to and you would not get pulled over.

• posted at 4:19 am on Wed, Mar 17, 2010.

Well I only hear of mexican gangs in Lodi. Lock up all the Sanches's and Ochoa's!

• posted at 3:50 am on Wed, Mar 17, 2010.

Dyan, do you have a lib fetish? Stop with your lib crap. I don't claim a party. I get a ballot with all candidates on it and I vote for those with ideals and goals that are closest to what I would like to see enacted. If I see candidates or issues that don't even interest me I don't vote for anyone or that issue at all. What the heck does voting for the lesser of two evils mean? If they're all evil don't vote for any of them. I don't and that's my choice. Detach yourself from your sheepherd and try becoming an independant thinker and not a party line sheep. Hopefully the ballot measure will pass doing away with party line ballots and listing all candidates and the top two vote getters in the primaries could both be from the same party. California only has about a 30% republican voter registration, so what makes you think the your party is so great with a meager registration. The republicans have become the obstructionist party and even their own members are fleeing from them now. I feel great being non-affiliated and love my ballot.

• posted at 3:35 am on Wed, Mar 17, 2010.

Pinkblondiegurl, you're so right. I remember running away to east LA as a youngster and was taken in by the Pachukos. Many of you don't know of them and they spawned many of todays modern gangs. And, Gator, looking at the Statesman and the pictures of those arrested for major crimes in the Boise metropolitan area, mostly Nampa, there were two anglos for every Hispanic. I read those papers every day, and you blog there too, don't you? And don't believe for a minute that the boys in blue, both police and fire, have their code of honor, too. Become a snitch or rat there and the consequences are not nice either. Their problem being is that they tend to protect their own even if they are guilty just to keep one believing they are so squeeky clean. How long did they cover up for ex-sheriff Baxter Dunn before he finally was convicted? So why would law enforcement or anyone else condemn gang members for not snitching? Snitching usually means a green light, and not only to a particular target, but to anyone else that happens to be in the way. That's their life, respect it.

• posted at 11:43 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

City needs the money. Friends come home from church, find motorcycle officer and patrol car @ their home. Their other car is parked in the back in their driveway. The officers issue a citation for a VERYdangerous condition. Their car's windowsare illegally tinted. Mo' money, Mo' money, Mo' money. Love our country, fear the government.

• posted at 5:35 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

I totally agree with "realist"Thank you realist, you said it, just as it is!! I remember calling LDP once before to report some little gangsters standing in front a home throwing signs at a passing car... I was told if "no one is fighting we cant dispatch unit".Like I mentioned it before this is "a gang war" happening in Lodi, and nothing is being done about it!

• posted at 5:23 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

haha look gangs go back from way back in the day so dont blame mexico. we had our kkk members and we've had our cowboys and villians. yes they were not called gangs but they were actually gangs. The way i see it is worry about yourself not about others if you live in a bad area then move. Gangs are stupid but we've always had them. theres always been tweeks theres always been something that makes a nice neighborhood bad. Being in a gang is just a belief i think gangs are stupid but they have certain codes to follow and thats what they got thereself into. Dont blame something else its not even your guys problem. so dont worry about it. And it certainly isnt your buisness. AND nobody will talk cause thats their beliefs. What happened is actually sad. And the attacks were life threatening. i mean hello somebody got shot!? an stabbed!? id say thats life threatening. the media corrubts sooo many things now a days that nobody actually does know the truth anymore.

• posted at 4:40 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Pressi-baby a little childish are we..97% of those in your link were ex California Latinos Amigo. There were a few white Trash meth headsyou know about those don’t you?? I believe yours hang out on SacramentoStreet, right…You neglected the Stockton item unless you believe thereIs no spill over in lodi. I no a little about gangs as my next door neighborwas in the narcotics and gang taskforce.. Well enough of dealing with aLight weight, tomorrow I think I will try and fill my Wolf tag, seasonCloses the 31st one shot one kill the only thing you feel is recoil…

• posted at 4:20 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Toilets in station stolen.....cops have nothing to go on.

• posted at 4:10 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Police Officers always whine about how everyone loves the firefighters, but hate the cops. Maybe if the officers actually helped people and stopped crime, we would feel differently. Instead of writing tickets to kids on bicycles and parking tickets, police should try and STOP CRIME. Even when the SWAT team is in action, they are a disappointment. Standing around, spitting, laughing, joking. I worked harder at Taco Bell.

• posted at 3:58 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

pre$$ure$on, the officers on bicycles are the most understanding and polite officers Lodi has. The evening watchman, now that's entire differen't story!

• posted at 3:47 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Gator: Don't waste your time. Libs only deal in emotions, not facts.

• posted at 3:23 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Gator, are you A32? You blogged questions to the paper asking if Nampa had a gang problem when you were getting ready to move there? Why did you choose a loser like Nampa? I could understand if you had family there, but not for nay other reason considering it was loaded with gangs even then. You seem to profess to know a lot about gangs? Learn that in Nampa or take it with you from Lodi?

• posted at 2:42 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Folks, Lodi was a calm place in 1960. It was protected by a largely German, hard working community, that cared. The ethnic mix is radically different now, but it does not mean we need to allow poverty to overcome us and gangs to proliferate due largely to a lack of hope in life. We need to work to educate all colors in our community and stop any hint of violence in its tracks.

• posted at 1:46 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Gator, how about stuck, er stabbed, in Nampa?

• posted at 1:45 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Dogs, motorcycle Officer Vietz always has a smile and a laugh for me. What is it you find so intimidating about the motorcycle officers, or and LPD officer? Guilty conscience? Chief Main has a great personality, as does the bicycle officer downtown, most patrol car officers, Officer Eubanks and Detective Bradley, to name a few. Maybe you're one of those suspicious looking characters who deserve a second look.

• posted at 1:44 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

It’s still showing pressie, Juggalos Fans of the Band Insane Clown posse ormorons with a bad taste in Music…Real white Gangs pressie, Nazi Lowriders ,Bakersfield Peckerwoods, Albaniangangstaz. IN5VICE Lords ,Irish Hoods Gang to name a few.. With all that they still only make up 2% ofall gangs…I do believe I would lay odd you couldn’t find a Bona Fide whiteSeparatist gang if your life depended on it…I lived in Lodi for 17 years and I know how it is.. I still have 7 grandchildren there or I wouldn’t care whatgoes on.. You want a nice small town to live in Try Rio Vista, no one ever wrote A song called stuck in Rio Vista….. As with the Juggalos your credibility Sucks Pressie…

• posted at 1:39 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Are you guys all really saying that you don't know why the victims aren't saying they know who the aggressers were. The 'victins' don't want the cops to go talk to them and slap thier hands and tell them it's a 'no-no'. It's all about street justice. Trust me, I'm sure the plans are being made for a counter-attack.

• posted at 1:36 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Sorry, dogs. Your blogs today are off key, like you were coming down from a bummer. Those backpain meds can do the same thing. Gangs are everywhere: Nampa is a hotbed for supremacists, much more so than Lodi.http://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/Gang-Related-News?m=1&y=2009&st=ID

• posted at 1:24 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Jason J, agreed the motor patrol is sub-human, so with that in mind I drive as if one was in back of me, that keeps me under the speed limit and use turn indcators as needed. If I get a ticket, it`s my fault. They love Turner Rd. in the morning.

• posted at 1:18 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

pressy here`s a news flash, your a JERK. NO not sobering up since I don`t drink. Spent time outdoors rather that sitting in front of this monitor, seems some people have nothing better to do, and a half hour of this slogging would put me to sleep anyway.

• posted at 12:48 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

T & C, those motorcycle cops are mean looking and NEVER smile! It's all about how hard you can work the struggling middle class out of more money! Those motorcycle cops are waiting to give us tickets for walking too fast next lol. I like how some rudely ask: "What's your name?" - as I walk past them.

• posted at 12:29 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Bwahahaha!!! Like any of you know anything about Gangs. What a bunch of Twits.

• posted at 12:05 pm on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Gator, pay attention to my post where I state that certain gangs (especially in Idaho and Montana) are mixed with white and hispanic. Of course the white supremacy gangs intend to stay "white," even though their DNA isn't 100% European. The Neo Nazi gang is growing fast. Though, the KKK and Neo Nazi's don't exactly get along due to their history and views, they are equal in hate. The KKK is American based and many of their elders fought in WW2 against the Nazi's so that's why they don't get along.

• posted at 11:52 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Gator, you sound like A32 on this website:http://www.city-data.com/forum/boise-area/31313-nampa-gangs.html

• posted at 11:39 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

dogs, nappin' again or sobering up?

• posted at 11:39 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Gosh gator, no white gangs in Nampa-Boise? Roflmao Your racism shows when you say they are not white. Just what are the white supremacists then? Boise has been known since at least the early 80's to be the most likely place in the western United States, along with Nevada to buy anything from a stolen jet airliner to any quantity of illegal drugs you could afford. Quit glorifying your racist town of Nampa and read the stats themselves. $20K annual median income? That says it all.

• posted at 11:31 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Yawn

• posted at 11:29 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Pressie your ignorance is showing!! White separatist and white Supremacy are old news and have been since ruby ridge. Sand point and Coeur d’ Aleneare bedroom communities for Spokane Valley. Sand Point is HeadquartersFor Coldwater Creek Women’s wear and Quest Aircraft builders of TurbinePower work aircraft…We have Gang problems ok but not white they areCalifornia transplants and most definitely Latino…Pressie those figuresI posted were FBI data which also stated that California is the Gang CapitalOf California.. That being said Stockton is ranked as the second most dangerous City in California second only to Oakland.. As you were saying??

• posted at 10:43 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

The History channel's show Gangland is interesting because it shows the origin of each gang and the power behind them. Gangs are of all color from white, asian, hispanic, to black. ALL of them are forms of terrorism in our community. It amazes me how many gangs are out there and how some are becoming interracial. Norteno gang originated in Folsom state prison during 1968 after Mexican American inmates were being bullied by Southern Mexican (Mexican Mafia) inmates who share more in common with Mexico. The Surenos didn't like the so called Northern "Farmer" Mexican's because they were American.Sureno gang originated through the Mexican Mafia in jail and prison. Most Surenos have ties to LA and Mexico. A lot of them are illegal aliens.

• posted at 9:46 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Oops, my bad. I was confusing Nampa with Pocatello for some reason.

• posted at 9:41 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

P.S.,I've heard about a handful of white supremacists in Idaho, but I also know that Nampa isn't anywhere near Boise.

• posted at 9:39 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

I'm surprised people on here aren't blaming St. Anne's and the Catholic Church for encouraging this stuff by allowing Quinceaneras. Of course, I'm being sarcastic, but I'm pretty shocked at the tone here.I'll bet the majority, if not all, of the individuals in this story are US natives - probably even Lodi natives. And yes, Mr. Meyers could be of Mexican heritage, but he's probably got Anglo ancestors, too. The problem isn't so much that Hispanics are here as that gang culture and fashions are popular with too many young people, even people who aren't Hispanic. That's how this stuff gets acceptance and spreads.The "No Snitching" attitude doesn't only come from the Nortenos and Surenos, but other gangs as well. It's universal, and it's even a popular phrase on t-shirts.

• posted at 7:28 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

T&C, you're off topic most of the time! You get a little too excited about the all the wrong things!

• posted at 6:31 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

I respectfully ask Layla, here in front of all bloggers to confirm the existence or non-existence of these so called "Imaginary good old boys in Lodi"!For the good of all bloggers, please put this issue to rest, one way or the other.Thank you!

• posted at 6:28 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Mar 16, 2010 10:42 AM:" Gator, tell us about your own white supremacist "communities" in your own state, including your own Boise-Nampa metropolitan area? Worry about cleaning up your own dirty little town. With a $20,000 or so median average income, you have to be retired, a good old boy or a loyal member of a "community" to survive.Stop it right now pre$$ure$on ! This "Paranoia fixation you have about "Good Old Boys" is bordering on the insane! "Get your HEAD out of the sand!"

• posted at 6:26 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

The Motorcycle cops on Kettlemen have a HIGH revenue making income plan!A impartial Police Officer pulling over a driver for an infraction should do the following:1) Consider the actual offense;2) Consider the time of day;3) Consider the weather condition;4) Consider the seriousness of the infraction;5) Consider the attitude of the driver; Then and only then DECIDE...If the officer should give that driver 1)A verbal warning;2)A written Warning;3) Issue a citation; ;or,4) Just shoot the driver.However, every single time I see a mortorcycle officer pulling someone over it is an "AUTOMATIC Citation!"The reason being the City of Lodi doesn't want officers to use "Independent judgment, but rather "BRING IN REVENUE"!I dare someone to post here that they have ever seen a motorcycle officer smiling!I have seen at least 8 situations where motorcycle officers were interacting with the public, and each time I saw them being bullying and harsh!That is not the way a good police officer acts!Poor police community relations is a poor excuse!

• posted at 6:24 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

T$C, the Stockton Record will. Send an e-mail or Facebook blog to Dan Thigpen and he'll give you all the current information. It's energy boosting when U&I can express our anger for one another, but I'll always respect you for expressing your honest opinion and being as fervent as I am in expressing our opinions. Have a good day, T&C. I'll be down at the thrift shop in a while, maybe I'll get a chance to talk to you at the bus station. Oh, and you other bloggers that think that gangs are all Mexicans, google up the juggalos and see a newer group of anglos that have their own little "community". I hear they are in Stockton and their ranks seem to be growing pretty fast. Google them up and see what you think.

• posted at 6:18 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Mar 16, 2010 10:42 AM:" Gator, tell us about your own white supremacist "communities" in your own state, including your own Boise-Nampa metropolitan area? Worry about cleaning up your own dirty little town. With a $20,000 or so median average income, you have to be retired, a good old boy or a loyal member of a "community" to survive."Stop with the delusions already pressy!

• posted at 6:16 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Correction:I meant to say... T & C wrote on Mar 16, 2010 11:15 AM:Pal; LNS is NOT going to reveal the security service protecting the party! "

• posted at 6:15 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

PAL wrote on Mar 16, 2010 9:22 AM:... LNS is NOT going to reveal the security service protecting the party!

• posted at 6:14 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

" Norteno and Sureno are mexican gangs."This crap started from across the border and migrated into America, and has spread all over America! Mexican gangs go "Back Home"! You have no place in America and America doesn't want you!

• posted at 6:13 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

"This ios just your typical day in Juarez."

• posted at 6:12 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Mar 16, 2010 8:43 AM:" Lodi res, you're right on the money. For a town that is about 54% minority, I think the wealthy and old time anglos are getting concerned about their control. I see many changes in November when the eastside minorities are rallied to go to the polls and vote these same olds down the road. "Dang it press, you are losing pressure again with your off the wall comments!

• posted at 6:09 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

At 10:19 p.m., police were called to a report of 50 young people fighting."How IMMATURE can people be. And this is at a CHURCH?So many without Values just amazes me!"Of course no one is gonna say who the shooters are"! Every reader knows someone knows but they don't want to cooperate with the police.Shame on every one of you!

• posted at 5:49 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

The commentary of letting them thin themselves out is not acceptable. Bullets don't know or always strike the intended target. This is a public safety issue and our community will need to stand and have expectations of safety and protection for all citizens. Anyway, on another note, I am perplexed at the LPD and how an incident of this magnitude can occur two to three blocks from the police station and no one reports it initially until victims arrive at the hospital. This is sad on top of the fact that LPD finds it more important to generate revenue by enforcing traffic laws on kettleman lane for drivers following too close to the driver in front of them. Which is the greater threat to community safety?

• posted at 5:42 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Gator, tell us about your own white supremacist "communities" in your own state, including your own Boise-Nampa metropolitan area? Worry about cleaning up your own dirty little town. With a $20,000 or so median average income, you have to be retired, a good old boy or a loyal member of a "community" to survive. And TBBLM, you must live in a gated community, with those armed guards and never leave if you don't think there are many anglos that belong to gangs of their choice. And the white supremacists are strong here, too. Put your head back in the sand.

• posted at 5:27 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Denial isn’t a river in Egypt for those in denial “MEXICANS” make up 47% of the Gang population in California.. The balance of the gangs areAsian, Black and White with White making up only 2% of the overall total.. Mexican gangs in Los Angeles are on a mission to remove BlackGangs from South Central LA and Los Angeles as a whole…Gangs arenot to be tolerated. They need to be harassed and intimidated as muchas the law will allow, right to the edge of legality..

• posted at 5:11 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Good dont help them then. let them thin themselves out. Hopefully they will kill each other off and clean up the dump we call the eastside. Just leave the innocent people out of it.

• posted at 4:43 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Tosh you are right. I wouldn't do it and I don't have any acquaintances who would go to a party for a 15 year old girl, start trouble, get thrown out and then return and try to kill several people. But judging by your absurd, trashy statement, you would. Stay away from me!

• posted at 4:38 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Pooreast - we do leave them alone. That is the problem. And if your words had any credibility, we would not be reading about this since the Police would never have been called. "At 10:19 p.m., police were called to a report of 50 young people fighting." Hmmmm.. someone in the community wanted help! Good thing they did not call you!

• posted at 4:33 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

...just doin' the things that the rest of us won't do...

• posted at 4:23 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Yes of course there are gangs of all races.....but we are only speaking of what is all over OUR city causing trouble. It's not about being racist, at least for me. It's just a fact.....

• posted at 4:22 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Norteno and Sureno are mexican gangs, hence the mexican names of the gangs. It is sad as these teens rather be dead than a "snitch". I am sure it will comfort their mothers and fathers when they are found dead "at least they were not a snitch". Oh wait, most likely their father was a gang member to when he was young.Ms. Hernandez did a great job try to protect her sisters party. She hired security and there was no trouble at the actual party. I wish we knew the name of the security company she hired so we all know not to hire them in the future.

• posted at 4:05 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

It's unfortunate to see how many people have tunnel vision. They only see what they want to see! Gangs are NOT a hispanic or Mexican problem! Even the 'great' whites have gangs!

• posted at 4:01 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

just another wonderful day in Juarez.

• posted at 3:43 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Don't be too sure Mr. Myers isn't hispanic. ha. Anyway, gang members have their own sense of justice. They don't want help from the police unless they are losing the fight. Let them be and help someone who wants it.

• posted at 3:43 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

• posted at 3:38 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Thomas Myers, 18.....hmmnn that should be interesting to all of those "MEXICAN" gang posts yesterday...Mr Myers..I'm sure isn't hispanic!!

• posted at 3:31 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

t jefferson, the article clearly states this was a gang related incident which could have happened at anytime and any place! Therefore your reference to web search Juarez does not pertain to this incident, it only pertains to your prejudiced views!

• posted at 3:29 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

People such as these leave Mexico to get away from corruption only to find it here as well? Is your statement supposed to be an explanation? I think yours is a statement of just what you have become. I don't care about Juarez or any other "south of the border" typecast. I care about my neighborhood. I care about what my neighbor is going through especially when their idea of justice is different from mine.

• posted at 2:30 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

Jb ... it doesn't say much...this has been the way of things since the 30s...people don't trust the government to be able to take care of thing...do you blame them...as far as these upstanding people...they will handle this according to their cultural beliefs...who are we to criticize? :-< If you you want to know more web search Juarez...

• posted at 2:16 am on Tue, Mar 16, 2010.

If nobody will talk, what does that say about our community?