It will be a "Blast from the Past" at this year's Galt Festival, which runs through the weekend.
Highlights include live music, great food, carnival rides, the parade and the City of Galt Grand Musical Fireworks display, set for 9:15 p.m. Sunday at the soccer field.
Festivities kick off today at 5 p.m. and last through midnight. Highlights include live music, including punk and country, as well as three performances of the Swan Circus.
On Saturday, the festival starts at 3 p.m. and goes through midnight. Scheduled events include:
• Exhibit hall, open from 3 to 9 p.m.
• Jason Carmel, country music, 4 to 6 p.m.
• Joe Macias, the "Totally Tejano D.J.," 6 to 8 p.m.
• David Perez and Tejano Gold, 8 to 12 p.m.
• Three performances of the Swan Circus at 5, 7 and 9 p.m.
Sunday's events get started with the Galt Festival Parade at 1 p.m. in downtown Galt. Parade awards will be handed out at the main stage area from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Other events include:
• Tribute to California Native American Tribes, 4 to 5:30 p.m.
• Diaper derby (first baby to crawl to his or her mother wins a $100 savings bond), 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
• Money scramble, 6 to 7 p.m.
• Arabian Jewels, belly dancing, 6:45 to 7:15 p.m.
• Los Amigos Band, 7:30 to 12 p.m.
• Fireworks, 9:15 p.m.
Festival schedule is subject to change.
Rolls of 30 carnival tickets will cost $20; 50 tickets will cost $38.50; and unlimited ride wristbands are $20.
A beer garden will serve drinks until the end of the festival each day.
The festival will take place at the Veteran's Soccer Field. Take the Central Galt Exit off Highway 99, turn left over the overpass, turn left at Civic Drive and right onto Caroline Avenue.