- Tom Berryhill at a glance
Residence: Oakdale. Formerly lived in
Political career: Assemblyman in 25th District.
Elected in 2006 and 2008.
Occupation/career: Family has farmed in
Stanislaus County for four generations.
Education: Attended California State
Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo. He didn’t graduate because
he had a heart valve replacement and returned home to run the
Family: Wife, Loretta; two daughters.
- Lodi Mayor Phil Katzakian
- Lodi City Councilman Larry Hansen
- San Joaquin County Supervisor Ken Vogel
- Former Gov. George Deukmejian
- Rep. George Radanovich, R-Mariposa
- State Sen. Dave Cogdill, R-Modesto
- Assemblyman Bill Berryhill, R-Ceres
- California Farm Bureau
- National Rifle Association
- Larry Johnson at a glance
Political career: Treasurer, Fresno County
Democratic Central Committee; lost to Republican Devin Nunes of
Tulare for the 21st Congressional District seat in 2008.
Occupation/career: Owns aviation insurance
company; former airline pilot and flight instructor.
Education: Burnside-Ott Aviation Training
Center, Opalocka, Fla.; Fork Union Military Academy, Fork Union,
Family: Wife, Ann; five children.
Johnson says he has about a half-dozen endorsements, including
the California Democratic Party.
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 12:00 am
Assemblyman Tom Berryhill is heavily favored to win the 14th
Senate District seat being vacated by Dave Cogdill, R-Modesto.
The Oakdale resident has such a safe Republican district that
his Democratic opponent says he needs 18,000 Republican votes to
win the November election.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 12:00 am.