LOEL gets $132,000 for renovation

Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 10:00 pm

Preparing hot meals for local seniors-in-need will be a little easier thanks to a $132,000 boost from the Lodi City Council on Wednesday night.

The council voted 4-1 to steer the bulk of Lodi's leftover Community Development Block Grant funds to the LOEL Senior Center for a kitchen renovation project that promises to produce 500 meals each day.

• posted at 2:58 pm on Thu, Sep 4, 2008.

I also want to correct an error in the article. I spoke with Ms. Williams today and she spoke highly of the County and told me that LOEL feeds 200 not 500 today. The 500 is building for growth in the coming years! The Baby Boomers are crping us on us. Great future plans. I gave my donation today. Stop by and give yours!

• posted at 1:52 pm on Thu, Sep 4, 2008.

To the CC thank you.. The seniors can use it.

• posted at 11:21 am on Thu, Sep 4, 2008.

Im all for the improvements the council has voted on...but $85000 for Library bathroom upgrades?......that's a little too much money I think..but it's great that something is being done...

• posted at 8:43 am on Thu, Sep 4, 2008.

I also believe that since Christmas is well over three months away it is quite safe for now.

• posted at 8:39 am on Thu, Sep 4, 2008.

I don't even need to read the article to ask who puts some of these bloggers in charge of the comments here. The audacity of anyone who believes that the opinions of others (regardless of tenor) lies within their control is confusing and staggering.As I was reviewing the "Comment Rules" as they currently exist to the right of where I am typing right now, I cannot find where it states when the "proper time" might be for comments of any point of view. That is curious given the authoritarian voice of one dogs4you.Please forgive me if I have violated the law here; I simply couldn't help myself. I throw myself upon the mercy of the blogosphere court.

• posted at 8:28 am on Thu, Sep 4, 2008.

This is not the proper time for a negitive comments. Finally something everyone can agree on. If you have something bad to say about this article, you might as well steal Christmas.

• posted at 7:46 am on Thu, Sep 4, 2008.

The Loel center helps a lot of seniors and is very good at what they do but the article is wrong when it states that Loel is operating the whole meal program. The meal program is currently operated by San Joaquin County.

• posted at 4:05 am on Thu, Sep 4, 2008.

hey tandc 9:05 and no negative comment!are ou feeling ok?

• posted at 2:41 am on Thu, Sep 4, 2008.

Glad to see this program get some additional funding. I don't think a lot of people realize the the number of people using the various services from Loel Center. Just drop by some morning and see the number of seniors participating in exercise class. Keep up the good work Tracy!