The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Lodi Library Board of Trustees
- Operating budget for the 2011-12 fiscal year.
- Revised library hours for the next fiscal year.
- Adjust library holiday schedule for the remainder of the calendar year to accommodate citywide furloughs.
- Reports from Friends of the Lodi Public Library and Lodi Public Library Foundation.
When and where: 5:30 p.m., library, 201 W. Locust St., Lodi.
Lodi Animal Advisory Commission
- Animal shelter statistics for April.
- Progress reports on shelter improvements and disaster preparedness.
- Shelter website update.
When and where: 6 p.m., Lodi Police Department community room, 215 W. Elm St., Lodi.
Galt Parks and Recreation Commission
When and where: 7 p.m., City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Greater Lodi Area Youth Commission
Meeting is canceled.
Lodi City Council shirtsleeve/special meeting
- Presentation by John Johns, financial consultant for the Lodi Professional Firefighters Association, about potential revenue creation ideas.
- Consider indemnification agreement regarding taco truck cookoff.
When and where: 7 a.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Lodi Improvement Committee
Key item: Presentation on services provided through Point Break Adolescent Resources by Executive Director Joel Wurgler.
When and where: 6 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
North San Joaquin Water Conservation District board
- Discuss Tracy Lakes Project.
- Public meeting will be followed by a closed session to discuss district legal counsel and watermaster’s position.
When and where: 1 p.m., Lodi Police Department Community Room, 215 W. Elm St., Lodi.
Galt Joint Union High School District board
- Budget update based on governor’s May revision.
- District strategic plan for 2011-14.
- Several personnel appointments, including an interim principal for Galt High, assistant principal at Galt High, summer school campus security, and several coaching appointments, including head varsity girls basketball and girls golf coaches at Liberty Ranch High.
When and where: 6:30 p.m., City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
- Presentation on preliminary county budget for the 2011-12 fiscal year.
- Public hearing to adopt 2011-12 budget for in-home supportive services.
- Public hearing on Proposition 4 appropriation limits for the county and special districts.
- Public hearing on proposed county supervisor district boundaries (1:30 p.m. calendar).
When and where: 9 a.m., board chambers, 44 N. San Joaquin St., sixth floor, Stockton.
Lodi City Council
- Consider budget concession proposals from the Lodi Police Officers Association and Lodi Police Dispatchers Association for the 2011-12 fiscal year.
- Consider program guidelines for the revised First-Time Homebuyer Program.
- Public hearing to adopt annual levy report for landscape maintenance district No. 2003.
- Student appointees to the Greater Lodi Area Youth Commission and the Lodi Arts Commission.
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County Advisory Water Commission
- Phase 3 of Duck Creek site investigations, designed to transfer water from the Mokelumne River.
- County flood management activities.
- Delta-related issues.
- Update on the 2010-11 water year and statewide drought status.
When and where: 1 p.m., county Public Health conference room, 1601 E. Hazelton Ave., Stockton.
Woodbridge Fire District board
When and where: 3 p.m., Fire Station 1, 400 E. Augusta St., Woodbridge.
San Joaquin County Board of Education
Key item: Budget review session.
When and where: Noon, San Joaquin County Office of Education Nelson Education Center, board room, 2901 Arch-Airport Road, Stockton.
Woodbridge Irrigation District board
When and where: 9 a.m., Woodbridge Irrigation District, 18777 N. Lower Sacramento Road, Woodbridge.
Lockeford Municipal Advisory Council
- Future of the Community Car program, which is threatened by county budget cuts.
- Application for federal Safe Routes to School funding to seek improvements to Tully Road so children can get to Lockeford Elementary School more safely.
- Public safety reports from the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office and California Highway Patrol.
When and where: 7 p.m., Old Lockeford Schoolhouse, 19456 N. Jack Tone Road, Lockeford.
Galt Beautification Committee
When and where: 3:30 p.m., City Hall community room, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
San Joaquin County Local Agency Formation Commission
Key item: Final municipal service review on rural fire protection districts in the county.
When and where: 10 a.m., Board of Supervisors’ chambers, 44 N. San Joaquin St., sixth floor, Stockton.