The Lodi Police Department made two arrests during a DUI checkpoint conducted over the weekend.
Police conducted the checkpoint from 7 p.m. Saturday to 2 a.m. Sunday on the 1000 block of South Cherokee Lane. The checkpoint was funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Here is a breakdown of the weekend checkpoint:
- 492 vehicles went through the checkpoint.
- All the vehicles were screened.
- Six field sobriety tests were given.
- One driver was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Nine drivers were cited for operating a vehicle unlicensed.
- Three drivers were cited for operating a vehicle while their license was suspended or revoked.
- Six vehicles were towed, and three of those were impounded for 30 days.
- One other misdemeanor arrest was made.