Greg and Lori Coumas recall their fallen son, Kyle

'I can't express enough how proud of him I am'

Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:00 am

It was 9:30 a.m. on Oct. 21 when someone knocked on Lori and Greg Coumas' front door.

"I thought Greg had sent me flowers," Lori said. "It was my birthday."

• posted at 9:52 am on Thu, Nov 19, 2009.

To Mom and Dad, I am in kyles platoon. On behalf of everyone we are very sorry for your loss. He was a member of our family and we will never forget him. He was one of the few that gave everything while outside the wire. If you need anything please feel free to email me. To anyone posting negative things on this page, it is disrespectful and disgraceful. Please keep your negative opinions to yourself.

• posted at 2:55 pm on Thu, Nov 12, 2009.

galtguy I wonder if you have ever done anything constructive in your life..You come on here with the most pathetic post I’ve seen on these blogs. You have disrespected Kyle and his parents. They printed this Story justto sell papers. Really?? Stop and think that one through. What they didwas inform the public of a young mans sacrifice. It’s a story his familyand friends will no doubt keep…. My post Nov 11, 2009 7:36 AM is something like you should have considered …

• posted at 4:52 am on Thu, Nov 12, 2009.

SSG Jeremy-Start acting like the NOCOM you claim to be. It may be all the rage to honor someone in cyberspace for your generation but try something in person. Something real. Not some lame blog/comment page on a newspaper's website.

• posted at 4:35 am on Thu, Nov 12, 2009.

Greg and Lori,I will always remember your son's sacrifice. I didn't know you or your family, but I have a son who is about Kyle's age. I can't imagine the pain you must be going through, and words alone cannot describe my gratitude for his service to our country.GaltGuy,I don't know why you have a problem with the LNS showing respect to Kyle's family. This is a very touching article, and very appropriate for Veteran's Day.

• posted at 8:20 pm on Wed, Nov 11, 2009.

GaltguyLets keep this area here for honoring Kyle. If you have an issue with the LNS itself, then write a letter to the editor.

• posted at 3:27 pm on Wed, Nov 11, 2009.

Talk about a crass remark galtguy it puts you in one or two class levels,little or none…This is no place for a cheap shot remark like that. Justdon’t start here go some where else…

• posted at 2:43 pm on Wed, Nov 11, 2009.

How long is LNS going to abuse the honor of this young man's sacrafice to sell papers? How many articles will you publish to pull on the heart strings of Patriotic Americans to read your paper?

• posted at 9:31 am on Wed, Nov 11, 2009.

No greater sacrifice than this, than one who lays down his life for a friend. I paraphrased this from God's Word. I pray that God's Word and His people will give you the comfort and healing that you need during this difficult time. I am so sorry for your loss and thank you for serving our country is heartfelt - to your son and to all veterans everywhere. God bless you.

• posted at 3:31 am on Wed, Nov 11, 2009.

Well said Deputy Chief... I bend my knee to Jesus and our Service men and women!

• posted at 1:36 am on Wed, Nov 11, 2009.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,I am not there... I do not sleep.I am the thousand winds that blow...I am the diamond glints on snow...I am the sunlight on ripened grain...I am the gentle autumn rain.When you waken in the morning's hush,I am the swift uplifting rushOf gentle birds in circling flight...I am the soft star that shines at night.Do not stand at my grave and cry—I am not there... I did not die... Semper FI

• posted at 1:35 am on Wed, Nov 11, 2009.

Greg & Lori:As a parent, I cannot fathom the sorrow that you feel at the loss of your son. Heros learn to be heros by watching others in trying times. Kyle learned from two other great heros, his loving parents.May God grant peace and comfort to you and your family. As with Kyle, you are heros, too. Thank you and God bless you both.

• posted at 1:30 am on Wed, Nov 11, 2009.

My thoughts are with you during this difficult time. He followed his calling, not many can say that. Continue to be proud of him and honor his memory.

• posted at 12:32 am on Wed, Nov 11, 2009.

Only two defining forces offered to die for us. Jesus Christ died for our soul. The American GI died for our freedom. Our hearts go out to you at this time and in the days ahead. No bond is as great as that between a parent and child. Our deepest condolences are with you as you grieve. Memories are sacred treasures you can carry with you wherever you go. The thoughts of many are with you at this time of sorrow. As the days and weeks pass, and as you return to life's routine, may you continue to feel comforted by the love and support of God, family and friends. Take comfort in knowing that now you have a special guardian angel, God’s soldier to forever watch over you.

• posted at 12:12 am on Wed, Nov 11, 2009.

Greg,my thouhgts and prayers are with and your family. Kyle is in a better place now. God bless him. Sorry for breaking your nose in high school.

• posted at 10:19 pm on Tue, Nov 10, 2009.

Kyle Coumas - American Hero. Thanks for your service to our country. My condolences to Lori and Greg Coumas and the rest of their family. May God bless you in this time of loss and celebration of Kyle's life.