The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Greater Lodi Area Youth Commission
- Quarterly update to City Council.
- Valentine’s dance.
- Spring Fling.
When and where: 7 p.m., Hutchins Street Square, Cottage Room 125 S. Hutchins St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
- Proclaiming Feb. 3 as national Wear Red Day, Feb. 4 as Rosa Parks Day and month of February as American Heart Month.
- Recognition of the 149th anniversary celebration of the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Spend $4,000 to install conduit and electrical wiring for power service in order to install street lighting along Lower Sacramento Road from Collier Road to 1,000 feet south of the railroad overcrossing in Acampo. The wiring project will pave the way for a Highway Safety Improvement Program Grant project to install turning lanes, street lighting and pavement markings and speed feedback signs.
- Recognition of Rich Ibarra, who recently retired as a KCRA Channel 3 newscaster.
When and where: 9 a.m., board chambers, 44 N. San Joaquin St., sixth floor, Stockton.
Lodi City Council shirtsleeve
Meeting is canceled.
Lodi City Council
- Introduce ordinance amending municipal code regarding the city’s local hiring policy.
- Consider requested changes to cardroom ordinance regarding rules and regulations, and gross revenue permit fees.
- Authorize city manager to enter into an agreement with Jacobs Engineering Group to design a security and safety system for the Lodi Transit Station and parking garage. Cost estimate is $72,176.
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Lodi Senior Citizens Commission
- Reports on the San Joaquin County Commission on Aging, senior housing, senior nutrition, Aging with Grace and lecture series.
When and where: 8 a.m., Hutchins Street Square, senior center, 125 S. Hutchins St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County Planning Commission
- Use permit to park up to 60 trucks and trailers on a 5-acre parcel on the west side of Highway 99, just north of Eight Mile Road.
When and where: 6:30 p.m., county Planning/Health Auditorium, 1601 E. Hazleton Ave., Stockton.