- Selective Traffic Enforcement Program at a glance
The grant money that the Lodi Police Department applied for will send:
• Four law enforcement officers to Standardized Field Sobriety Testing.
• Four officers to Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement.
• One law enforcement officers to Drug Recognition Expert training.
It will also allow Lodi police to conduct:
• Eight DUI checkpoints.
• 33 DUI saturation patrol operations.
• 24 traffic enforcement operations, including primary collision factor violations.
• 11 nighttime “Click It or Ticket” enforcement operations.
• Four presentations for traffic safety.
• 10 bicycle and pedestrian enforcement operations.
— News-Sentinel staff
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 10:06 pm
The Lodi City Council is expected to authorize the Lodi Police Department’s request for a $154,000 grant when it approves its consent calendar at Wednesday night’s meeting.
The money will come from the California Office of Traffic Safety, and will pay for officer DUI training and up to eight DUI checkpoints next year.
Friday, August 29, 2014 10:06 pm.