- James Mousalimas at a glance
Occupation: Deputy superintendent at San Joaquin County Office of Education.
Education: Bachelor of Arts in economics from University of California, Berkeley; Master of Education in administration, College of New Jersey; admin services credential from California State University, Stanislaus.
Family: Wife and three children, two attend public schools in Tracy, eldest graduated from Tracy High and attends U.C. Davis.
- Peace Corps West Africa volunteer and teacher.
- Math teacher at Adams Middle School, Richmond Unified School District.
- American International Schools, principal, assistant principal and math, French and technology teacher.
- Director and coordinator of ROP/CTE for Tracy Unified School District.
- Assistant superintendent of human resources at Tracy Unified.
- Assistant superintendent of county-operated schools and programs, San Joaquin County Office of Education.
- Deputy superintendent for student programs and services.
— Christina Cornejo
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2014 12:00 am
When Mick Founts decided not to run for re-election as San Joaquin County superintendent of schools, Deputy Superintendent James Mousalimas felt a duty to run for the position, given his background.
“With six years at the county Office of Education, no one understands the complexity of the organization more than I do,” Mousalimas said.
Or, use your
Saturday, May 17, 2014 12:00 am.