A show of force
The Brass Quintet section of the United States Air Force Academy Band, Galaxy Brass, plays "Sentimental Mood" on Sunday afternoon in Lodi. The Galaxy Brass held two free concerts at Hutchins Street Square on Sunday. (Whitney Ramirez/News-Sentinel)
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 10:00 pm
The 10 members of the U.S. Air Force Academy Band who performed
Sunday at Hutchins Street Square come from a variety of
backgrounds. They aren't necessarily military backgrounds,
French horn player Eric Thomas, from Southern California, wanted
to perform in a symphony orchestra. Trumpet player Larry Hill
played in the New Mexico symphony but found the Air Force a better
gig. Nancy Poffensbarger, an 11-year veteran with the Air Force
band, is a singer who happened to see an advertisement while in
college in San Antonio, Texas. Henrique De Almeida is a native of
Brazil who also wanted to play music.
Or, use your
Sunday, March 18, 2007 10:00 pm.
- Use your real name. You must register with your full first and last name before you can comment. (And don’t pretend you’re someone else.)
- Keep it clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually oriented language.
- Don’t threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
- Be truthful. Don’t pe about anyone or anything. Don’t post unsubstantiated allegations, rumors or gossip that could harm the reputation of a person, company or organization.
- Be nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
- Stay on topic. Make sure your comments are about the story. Don’t insult each other.
- Tell us if the discussion is getting out of hand. Use the ‘Report’ pnk on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
- Share what you know, and ask about what you don’t.
- Don’t be a troll.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to monitor, delete or choose not to post any comment. This may include removing or monitoring posts that we bepeve violate the spirit or letter of these rules, or that we otherwise determine at our discretion needs to be monitored, not posted, or deleted.