The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Galt City Council
- Adopt a temporary urgency ordinance prohibiting the establishment and operation of commercial marijuana-related activities. This ordinance is in response to Proposition 19.
- Adopt an ordinance regarding assembly halls.
When and where: 7 p.m., City Hall, council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Lodi Unified School District board of trustees
- Public hearing and approve new teacher salary schedules.
- Vote on further classified employee reductions for the current school year.
- Discussion of appointment of chief business officer to replace Doug Barge, who is retiring at month’s end, and replacement of the director of budgets. Carrie Hargis’ resignation is effective Oct. 31.
- Receive a report on the state’s 2010-11 adopted budget and its impact on the district.
When and where: 7 p.m., James Areida Education Support Center, 1305 E. Vine St., Lodi.
Lodi Citizens in Action/Galt-Herald Tea Party Patriots
- California Educational Bus Tour to will be hosting the NorCal Tea Party Patriots and its California Educational Bus Tour educate Californians about the Constitution, encourage them to vote Nov. 2, bring public awareness of the Tea Party Patriots and to unite California Tea Party Patriots groups. Constitutional scholars will speak.
When and where: 6:30 p.m., American Legion Hall, 320 N. Washington St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
- Presentation of the National American Public Works Association project of the year.
- In closed session, discuss negotiations to purchase seven parcels on Lower Sacramento Road, south of the Lodi city limits.
When and where: 9 a.m., board chambers, 44 N. San Joaquin St., sixth floor, Stockton.
Lodi City Council
- Discuss the water meter program and capping the costs for property owners at $300. Council will also discussed extended payments and deferral plans.
- Authorize the city manager to enter into an agreement with six contractors for the construction of the $36.5 million surface water treatment plant.
- Authorize the city manager to enter into an agreement with four contractors for the construction of $1.5 million Highway 99 and Harney Lane interim improvement project.
- Review the timing for payment of development impact mitigation fees.
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Galt Joint Union Elementary School District board of trustees study session
- Budget information and community feedback.
When and where: 6:30 p.m., Galt City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
San Joaquin County Advisory Water Commission
- Discussion on State Water Resources Control Board order canceling American River water right application for San Joaquin County.
- Update on Eastern San Joaquin Integrated Water Management Plan.
- Update on county flood management and Delta issues.
When and where: 1 p.m., county Planning-Public Health conference room, 1601 E. Hazelton Ave., Stockton.
Galt Beautification Committee
- Receive a report from Rusty Hughes of code enforcement on recent issues.
- Discuss replacing alternative position.
When and where: 3:30 p.m., 7 p.m., City Hall Community Room, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Lodi Senior Citizens Commission
- Discuss the San Joaquin County Commission on Aging, senior housing and senior nutrition.
When and where: 8 a.m., Hutchins Street Square, Senior Center, 125 S. Hutchins St., Lodi.