The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Lodi City Council shirtsleeve session
- Mid-year budget report for the 2011-12 fiscal year.
When and where: 7 a.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Galt City Council special meeting
Key item: City council and management team strategic planning retreat to approve the Strategic Plan for the city.
When and where: 9 a.m., Brewster’s Bar and Grill, 201 Fourth St., Galt.
South County Transit Link Authority
Key item: Hold a public hearing on the short-range transit plan that affects Galt public transportation riders.
When and where: 5:30 p.m., City Hall City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Lodi Sister City Committee
- Discuss Sister City crab feed set for March 10.
- Calendar of events for 2012.
- Fireworks fundraiser for 2012.
When and where: 6 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
- Consider increasing the Woodbridge Wilderness Area’s public access to two weekends per month. The area, on the south bank of the Mokelumne River, was open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the third Saturday and Sunday of each month from May through December. The proposal is to open the wilderness area to the public on the first weekend as well.
- Consider appointing someone to replace Carlton Mills Jr., on the Morada Municipal Advisory Council. Timothy Arnold, Phillip Torda and John Wesley have applied.
- Consider appointing Duncan Jones as county parks and recreation director to take effect after Craig Ogata retires on June 30. Jones would work with Ogata during a transition period. To save money, the Parks and Recreation Department will become a division of the General Services Department.
When and where: 9 a.m., board chambers, 44 N. San Joaquin St., sixth floor, Stockton.
Lodi Art Advisory Board
- Bike racks.
- Proposal by Kathy Grant for a watershed mural project at Heritage Elementary School.
- Story of Arts Alive.
- Downtown storefronts/arts project.
- Highway 12 corridor.
- Utility box art.
When and where: 4 p.m., Hutchins Street Square, Green Room, 125 S. Hutchins St., Lodi.
Lodi Planning Commission
Meeting is canceled.
Lodi Site Plan & Architectural Review Committee (SPARC)
Meeting is canceled.
Woodbridge Municipal Advisory Council
- Discuss annual youth award.
- Organizational matters such as time limits for presentations and length of meetings.
When and where: 7 p.m., Lodi Elks Lodge, 19071 N. Lower Sacramento Road, Woodbridge.
Galt Commission on Aging
When and where: 5:15 p.m., California Conference Room, 610 Chabolla Ave., Galt.
Galt Safety Committee
When and where: 6 p.m., Galt Police Department, Anthony Pescetti Community Room, 455 Industrial Drive, Galt.
San Joaquin Partnership
- Delta Stewardship Council update.
- Annual report on enterprise zones in the county.
When and where: 8 a.m., 2800 W. March Lane, Suite 470, Stockton.