- In other action
On Tuesday, the Galt City Council:
- Directed a combined $1,450 in discretionary funds to an account for training and equipment for the Galt Police Department’s new police dogs.
- Approved the purchase of two replacement paratransit buses at a cost of $158,000.
- Set a July 16 public hearing to raise a number of levies in the city’s lighting, landscape and maintenance districts.
- Received a report from Mayor Marylou Powers regarding the city’s strategic plan.
- Held a study session to hear a presentation from Public Works Director Steven Winkler on the draft Wastewater Treatment Plant Facility Master Plan.
- Awarded a contract for purchase and installation of new Voice Over IP (VOIP) Telephone/Unified Communications Equipment at a cost of $126,000. The current system is 12 years old and the manufacturer no longer provides parts for it.
— Jennifer Bonnett
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:00 am
The city of Galt will save close to $100,000 annually by piggybacking on landscaping service contracts the Cosumnes Community Services District already subscribes to.
On Tuesday, the Galt City Council approved a $135,000 annual contract with Professional Landscape Solutions, Inc., for city streetscapes and a $171,240 contract with Procida Landscape, Inc., for city park landscape and maintenance.
Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:00 am.
| Location Tags: