- In other action
On Tuesday, the Galt City Council also:
- Heard a presentation on Galt High School BEST Academy’s work on the Fallen Heroes Memorial to remember fallen Galt Police Officer Kevin Tonn and future fallen military and public safety heroes. A large piece of granite for the memorial centerpiece will be donated by Folsom State Prison, thanks to connections with the father of a BEST Academy graduate.
- Received an update from Mayor Marylou Powers on the city’s strategic plan.
- Received the Planning Commission’s annual written report, although there was no discussion.
- Authorized staff to submit to the State of California the draft Housing Element Plan update for 2013-21. A copy is available on the city’s website at www.ci.galt.ca.us.
- Awarded Kennedy-Jenks Consultants and Stantec Consulting, Inc., an additional combined $182,000 in compensation for picking up the slack reportedly left by a similar firm.
- Canceled the Oct. 1 regular city council meeting due to a lack of agenda items.
— Jennifer Bonnett
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:00 am
Galt Mayor Marylou Powers will sign a letter aimed at recouping money lost when the state of California dissolved redevelopment agencies in late 2011.
The authorization was made at Tuesday’s regular Galt City Council meeting. Councilman Curt Campion participated via teleconference from Hawaii.
Or, use your
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:00 am.
| Location Tags: