Republican congressional candidate Ricky Gill has announced more than 20 people who have endorsed him in his campaign against Rep. Jerry McNerney, D-Pleasanton.
Gill, who grew up in Lodi, will compete against McNerney, a three-term congressman who recently announced he is moving from Pleasanton to San Joaquin County to represent what will become the 9th Congressional District after the 2012 election.
Due to the new open primary system approved by voters in June 2010, Gill, McNerney and any other candidates who decide to toss their hat in the ring will be on the same ballot in the primary.
The endorsements announced by Gill’s campaign:
- Assemblyman Bill Berryhill, R-Ceres, whose district includes rural areas east of Lodi
- San Joaquin County Supervisor Leroy Ornellas, of Tracy
- Former Republican Assemblyman Greg Aghazarian, of Stockton
- Former Lodi Mayor and San Joaquin County Supervisor Jack Sieglock
- Mark Chandler of Mokelumne River Partners
- Steve and Jeanne Coldani, and Barbara Coldani of Coldani Farms/Coldani Olive Ranch
- Brad, Randy and Charlene Lange, Lange Twins Family Winery and Vineyards, Acampo
- Jerry Fry, Mohr-Fry Ranches
- Gail Kautz, Ironstone Vineyards
- John and Craig Ledbetter, Vino Farms
- Rudy Maggio, Oak Ridge Winery
- Fred Podesta, Podesta Farms
- Don Reynolds, M&R Packing
- Richard Samra, Phillaur Corp.
- Kevin Sanguinetti, Sanguinetti Farms
- Mark and Gayle Shimozaki, Shimozaki Farms
- Pat Stockar, Stockar Ranch/South River Ranch
- Robert Tanaka, Tanaka Land Co.