Lodi Stadium 12 temporarily closed amid concerns of possible bed bugs
A sign notifies customers that the Lodi Stadium 12 Cinema is closed for inspection on Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014.
Lodi Stadium 12 remains closed to address bug infestation
A bed bug is displayed at the Smithsonian Institution National Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C., on March 30, 2011.
- About bed bugs
Bed bugs are small flat, wingless parasitic insects that are reddish-brown in color, and range from 1 millimeter to 7 millimeters in size. They can live several months without food.
Here are some signs and symptoms of a bed bug infestation:
- Bite marks on the face, neck, arms, hands, or any other body parts while sleeping.
- Bite responses range from the absence of any physical signs to a small bite mark to a serious allergic reaction.
- Bite marks may take as long as 14 days to develop in some people.
- Bed bug exoskeletons after molting.
- Rusty-colored blood spots due to their blood-filled fecal material that they excrete on the mattress or nearby furniture.
- A sweet, musty odor.
— Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Prevention tips
- Regularly wash with hot water and heat-dry bed sheets, blankets, bedspreads and clothing.
- Place unwashable items such as purses in a black plastic bag and place them out in the sun for several days to kill them with heat.
- Thoroughly vacuum rugs, floors, upholstery, furniture, bed frames, under beds, around bed legs, and all cracks and crevices in the room. Change the bag after each use and place in a sealed plastic bag in the outside garbage bin.
- Large furniture can usually be saved with careful treatment. If you must throw out a mattress, slash it so that it cannot be used by anyone else.
- Seek professional help from a pest control company.
— Source: EPA
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 12:55 pm
Lodi Stadium 12 remains closed until Thursday while the movie theater management addresses a possible bed bug infestation in the building.
On Saturday, the movie theater received complaints from a family who had visited on Friday. The theater immediately closed the auditorium to investigate, and as a further precaution closed the entire theater Sunday, according to a statement released Monday evening.
Or, use your
Sunday, August 17, 2014 12:55 pm.
| Location Tags: