Have you thought about seeking a seat on the Lodi or Galt city council, but haven't made up your mind?
Thanks to incumbents in both cities not seeking re-election in November, residents have two more days to decide.
In Lodi, Councilwoman Susan Hitchcock has decided to end her tenure on the City Council. And in Galt, two of the three incumbents — Darryl Clare and Andrew Meredith — resigned and moved out of the community. Incumbent Donald Haines is also not seeking re-election, so Galt will have three open seats.
The filing period for local offices ended on Friday in most local districts, but it has been extended until 5 p.m. Wednesday in 13 school districts, rural water and fire districts and municipal advisory councils, in addition to the two city councils.
A few districts have plenty of open seats, such as the Galt Joint Union Elementary School District, Lockeford Municipal Advisory Council and the Thornton MAC. Thornton has four seats open, but no one has filed. And in Galt elementary and the Lockeford MAC, only one candidate has filed for three available seats.
Here is a rundown of districts with the extended deadline:
- Lodi City Council
- Galt City Council
- Lodi Unified School District, Trustee Area 5
- Lodi Unified School District, Trustee Area 6 (unexpired two-year term)
- Galt Joint Union High School District
- Galt Joint Union Elementary School District
- Lockeford Community Services District
- Woodbridge Irrigation District, Division 3
- Lockeford Municipal Advisory Council
- Thornton Municipal Advisory Council
- Woodbridge Municipal Advisory Council
- North San Joaquin Water Conservation District, Division 2
- North San Joaquin Water Conservation District, Division 4
To file for the Lodi City Council, visit the city clerk's office at City Hall, 221 W. Pine St. To file for Galt City Council, visit the city clerk's office at City Hall, 380 Civic Drive. To file for districts in San Joaquin County, visit the county Registrar of Voters office, 44 N. San Joaquin St., Stockton. To file for districts in Sacramento County, visit county Voter Registration and Elections, 7000 65th St., Suite A, Sacramento.
Contact reporter Ross Farrow at email@example.com.
South Sacramento County filing information
The following filings were not available Friday:
- Cosumnes Community Services District (two seats): Roderick Brewer, Clifford Loveland, Richard Lazano. Filing period extended until Wednesday.
- Arcohe Union School District (three seats): Richard Bridge, Sherri Celli, Jennifer Ingram, Melinda McCreery, Eugenia Plummer, Melissa Snow, Bobby Stepps. Filing period extended.
- Herald Fire Protection District (two seats): Dell Primasing, Stephen Spiegelmayer. No extension.
- Galt Irrigation District: Don Darr, Division 1; Michael Kenefick, Division 2; Leo Van Warmerdam, Division 4. No extension. — Source: Sacramento County Voter Registration and Elections.