- Also on the agenda
On Tuesday, trustees also:
- Approved the Live Oak Elementary School renovation project,
awarded the contract to TPA Construction, Inc., of Rocklin, and
established the final guaranteed project cost at $309,000.
- Tabled a proposal to expand the Katnich Community Day School
program due to community concerns with the location.
- Heard a request by a parent group for an additional bus stop
near Tower Park that will cost the district $12,758.84 annually,
but ultimately denied it based on staff recommendation.
- Recognized schools meeting all schoolwide and subgroup growth
targets and targets for 2010 in standardized tests. Schools with an
Academic Performance Index of 800 or higher will be recognized with
a gold seal affixed to the plaque.
- Heard a report on career technical education which included
testimonials from former district students.
- Received comments from students and counselors regarding
proposed personnel cuts to that department.
— Jennifer Bonnett
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:00 am
Updated: 8:01 am, Wed Apr 20, 2011.
Lodi Unified School District could soon be shifting its policy
to allow private organizations to advertise on district assets as a
way to raise revenue in these budget-tough times.
Although no decisions were made Tuesday, trustees received a
draft revision to board policy that would allow this.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:00 am.
Updated: 8:01 am.
| Location Tags: