Lodi man is found dying in street; two acquaintances are suspected in killing

Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 10:00 pm

A late-night argument in the middle of a street left Lodi resident Dwayne Henderson dead Saturday and two acquaintances jailed on suspicion of murder.

Judith "Judy" Fromm, 43, and her boyfriend of 19 years, 52-year-old Craig Wonderlich, are expected to appear in court today. Both are being held without bail in the city jail.

• posted at 7:05 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

Dear Galtguy,FYI I do not do drug’s I don’t even drink. Some time bad things happen to good people And you do what you can with what you have my last police contact was back when I was 18 years old I am now 38 I became homeless in 2007 with my child after I left a live in job do to the drug problem at the hotel in Lodi I worked at. I was also a college student at that time and still am. So you really need to stop and think I know that there are people out there that like to be homeless but I don’t judge them and I don’t think that their lives are worth any less than mine you should do the same As the old saying goes what comes around goes around and beware of karma it will get back to you.P.S. I when I was homeless I kept my kid safe I stayed up all night to guard her and slept while she was at school just FYI

• posted at 5:51 pm on Sat, Aug 22, 2009.

For the final time, those of us who post and are not homeless don't know what it's like BECAUSE WE DIDN'T MAKE BAD CHOICES. We're sorry we've always worked, stayed off drugs, didn't commit an unknown amount of crimes, KEPT OUR KIDS SAFE so they didn't get taken from us, we didn't hang around bad people, and every other mistake this person made. Making these mistakes doesn't make you anything but what he was, a loser in life. Thank God more people arn't like him.

• posted at 8:23 pm on Fri, Aug 21, 2009.

I never said that was going to be my defense. The family, which consists of Judith Fromm and Craig Wonderlich, and two kids used to live nearby. "AmityArk", i totally understand where your coming from. None of these people have the right to judge the lives of others. Maybe some of these people who post here should think what it would be like to be Dwayne Henderson. I'm sure you never knew what he ever went threw. May his soul rest in peace.

• posted at 4:13 pm on Fri, Aug 21, 2009.

" I knew Dwayne for many years. I am sorry to here that he was killed because now we may never know if he would kick his habits or not but that was his choice and that choice was stolen from him in a horrible wayMay he rest in peace and my condolences to his family especially his young child that will never know him except from family and friends that tell the story of his life.This woman who killed him should do the time what she did was wrong.As for you people that talking a bunch of snott about him being homeless that does not make him a bad person. I was homeless with my 5 year old child does that make me a bad person I have also had police contact in my time does that make me a bad person no. I am a hard working single mom who goes to school and work and I do the best that I can with what I have and those of you who are talking this snott better stop and think being homeless CAN happen to you "

• posted at 2:09 pm on Fri, Aug 21, 2009.

"From what i understand their youngest son was taken from them, because they could not provide a stable living environment"What's this? I thought this guy was such a great person, what happened? Sounds to me like maybe ol' Galtguy has really pegged this one. Or because my kids weren't taken from me I can't "judge" him, is that going to be your defense?

• posted at 11:48 am on Fri, Aug 21, 2009.

What a sad sad story. This family lived in my apartment complex for a while. From what i understand their youngest son was taken from them, because they could not provide a stable living environment for him. This is so strange for me to know this is reality. It's so sad that a life was taken.

• posted at 11:01 am on Fri, Aug 21, 2009.

Galt Guy you obviously live in a bubble...We did not enable Dwayne that is why he lived on the streets as he did, because we did try tough love to convince him to change his life. I guess its easy to say what someone should have done but until you actually live it you shouldn't try and teach it.

• posted at 9:54 am on Fri, Aug 21, 2009.

Sisinlaw-"For those who don't (like Galt Guy) all I can say is I feel sorry for you."Please don't. My heart is full of empathy for people that deserve it and have earned it. This man is gone, killed at the hands of another. This is tragic and a crime. But how can you say it's a surprise? He surrounded himself with people just like him. Habitual criminals, drug abusers, con men, thives, and worse. Instead of getting on here and leaving your messages of sorrow, you should have been concerned enough to not allow him to live his life in such a manner. You and the rest of his freinds and family are known as "enablers". People who allow someone to continue down the path of destruction, saying they love and care but yet unwilling to step in and really help. The term is called "tough love". Something I can rightfully assume this man didn't get enough of. So if you want to feel sorry for anyone feel sorry for yourselves. It is you and the others who caused this.

• posted at 9:36 am on Fri, Aug 21, 2009.

Its really nice to hear that there are people out there with compassion and understanding for those who follow the wrong roads in life. For those who don't (like Galt Guy) all I can say is I feel sorry for you.The funeral will be Monday, the details will be in Saturday's paper.

• posted at 3:53 am on Fri, Aug 21, 2009.

hey who knows where and when the frunal is, just post it if anyone knows thanks

• posted at 12:53 am on Fri, Aug 21, 2009.

when is the funeral

• posted at 4:59 am on Thu, Aug 20, 2009.

Remember, a person is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Judy has had a pretty rough life. Besides her son she has also lost a sister, and her parents. Please dont get me wrong, I am not saying she is innocent, and I am not saying she is guilty. Let the courts deside that.

• posted at 3:56 am on Thu, Aug 20, 2009.

My heart and prayers goes out to the family of Dwayne. I also have to say I sure am glad that Judys parents arent here to see and hear all this. Judy had alot of friends when she had money from her sons accident. But, they did nothing but used her for the money so that they could get high. Soon as the money was gone, they were gone. I woud of never believed that she would of done something like this.

• posted at 6:14 pm on Wed, Aug 19, 2009.

Judys sons death has nothing to do with this

• posted at 5:24 am on Wed, Aug 19, 2009.

pooreastside-"What a horrible thing to say and feel"Yes but what everybody is thinking! For another thing, I don't feel what I say, I THINK what I say, then I say what I think.

• posted at 5:21 am on Wed, Aug 19, 2009.

95242 -"Really how would you know what goes through his mind?"Put some thought into it and figure it out. hmmm... "The real dirt bags..." Let me tell you something. Society is better off without people like this. These people are a constant drag on the public coffers, never really contributing, just taking, all their life. Come on, 25 criminal cases in 18 years? Can you say habitual criminal? How much did society spend on this guy over the coarse of his life?

• posted at 2:41 am on Wed, Aug 19, 2009.

agree with 95242. If this were Galtguy's son that was murdered, maybe he would have felt differently. What a horrible thing to say and feel.

• posted at 5:17 pm on Tue, Aug 18, 2009.

he was my paperboy too. as for judy,her son was killed by the garbage truck many years ago. i think over by The Oaks apartment.The truck back over his head and that would really mess me up.

• posted at 5:02 pm on Tue, Aug 18, 2009.

Galtguy wrote on Aug 18, 2009 8:13 PM:" "makes me wonder what goes through his mind when his shift is over and he goes home to his family"Nothing. The only thing in his mind is getting home safely. Just another "dirt bag" this officer doesn't have to deal with. "had 25 criminal cases in San Joaquin County dating back to 1991Really how would you know what goes through his mind? People that make comments like this are the real dirtbags!

• posted at 3:39 pm on Tue, Aug 18, 2009.

he was my paperboy, well paperman

• posted at 3:13 pm on Tue, Aug 18, 2009.

"makes me wonder what goes through his mind when his shift is over and he goes home to his family"Nothing. The only thing in his mind is getting home safely. Just another "dirt bag" this officer doesn't have to deal with. "had 25 criminal cases in San Joaquin County dating back to 1991"

• posted at 9:33 am on Tue, Aug 18, 2009.

Most all police officers seem to take that one step extra. Lodi cops have always been great. . . .

• posted at 9:32 am on Tue, Aug 18, 2009.

Well, Mr. Wonderlich was released. All charges were dropped. Thank goodness. I sounds like it could be a self defense situation. . .

• posted at 9:17 am on Tue, Aug 18, 2009.

Being a Sgt., I would think Sgt. Nelson has seen this tragic end of life before. To put his hand on a wound in an attempt to stop the bleeding takes him and all police officers, along with firefighters to another level. To be the first responder to a violent crime makes me wonder what goes through his mind when his shift is over and he goes home to his family. I can only hope there is an upside to his job, to see this loss of life no matter how it is taken, be it gun shot, traffic accident or drowing in the backyard, police officers see it all, hopfully they can deal with it.

• posted at 2:29 am on Tue, Aug 18, 2009.

still sad, no matter who they were. three lives chose the wrong track in life and this is what happened. drugs lead to crime and more crime.Sgt. Nelson did all he could do, but it was too late this time. This is when I would hate to be a police officer.