Bear Creek Church experiences British invasion, Beatles tunes

Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2008 10:00 pm

Ken Mansfield lived the life that to many people is only a dream.

Mansfield was a good friend with members of The Beatles. He promoted their West Coast tours in the 1960s, managed Apple Records U.S. operations and generally led the sex, drugs and rock 'n roll lifestyle.

He fondly remembers The Beatles and still keeps in touch with the two surviving former Beatles, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr.

But his life changed dramatically in the 1980s, when he became flat broke and then found Jesus Christ through a lady he met in Nashville and eventually married.

Mansfield, 70, told more than 1,000 people on Sunday about his experience with The Beatles and with God during both services at Bear Creek Community Church in south Lodi.

Mansfield showed church members and guests a 20-minute DVD about highlights from his career with The Beatles, including the legendary "rooftop" performance in England of the hit "Get Back," which was The Beatles' final performance together.

"You can see me in the film because I'm the only one on the roof with a white coat," Mansfield said in a phone interview last week.

Mansfield worked in the space program before working for The Beatles' record label, Capitol Records, when he was 27. He was head of promotions for California, and it was his job to entertain members of The Beatles when their two concerts in the 1960s reached the Golden State.

Members of Bear Creek Community Church's praise band, four of them dressed in Sgt. Pepper outfits, belt out Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band during Sunday's first service at the church. Jebby Moates, wearing the yellow outfit, changed the lyrics to five Beatles songs to reflect a Christian theme. Lance Taber, wearing the pink outfit, is at right. (Ross Farrow/News-Sentinel)

Mansfield became friends with the Fab Four due to their mystique of California. He joined the members of The Beatles as they indulged in sex and drugs. He even got an Asian guru through George Harrison.

"We kept our personal relationships," Mansfield said of The Beatles. "They're very loyal to old friendship, so I was one of the inner circle."

Mansfield said he was deeply saddened over the murder of John Lennon in 1980.

"I felt like I didn't have any right to feel more of a loss than anyone else," Mansfield said. "I felt we all lost somebody."

While the surviving Beatles are friends with Mansfield, they went their separate ways, he said.

"Paul sent me a message last year," Mansfield said.

In the mid-1980s, Mansfield went broke and returned to his former roots in Nashville, but he couldn't get a job. There, he met the woman, Connie Mansfield, who was to become his life.

They really cared about each other, but the fact that Connie was a devout Christian and Mansfield had his Asian guru was a deal breaker.

"We had a lot of arguments (about God)," Ken Mansfield said last week. "We finally worked it out - and she was right."

They will celebrate their 21st wedding anniversary on Valentine's Day.

While discussing his transition from the music business to God during Sunday's services at Bear Creek, Mansfield said, "I guess I went from the Fab Four (The Beatles) to the Big 3 (the Father, Son and Holy Spirit)."

In another play on words, Mansfield said, "I went from John, Paul, George and Ringo to reading Matthew, Mark, Luke and John."

Mansfield credits God for turning him to Jesus by causing an ego-driven Mansfield to lose all his money.

"If I had maintained my level of success, I would have never turned to God," he said.

Jebby Moates, a musician and worship pastor at Bear Creek Community Church, changed some of the lyrics to five of The Beatles' songs to show a Christian theme. Among them:
• From "A Little Help From My Friends": "Do you need anybody? I need Jesus in my life."
"I'm redeemed by the blood of my Friend."
• "All You Need is Love" became "All You Need is Christ's Love."
• "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" became "One of the Many Grateful Worship Bands."
For more information on Ken Mansfield's books, visit http://www.fabwhitebook.com.
- News-Sentinel staff.

Bear Creek's worship team performed five Beatles songs while changing lyrics to reflect a Christian theme. Mya Wright and her team from Bear Creek sewed outfits depicting Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band for four of the band members.

Worship Pastor Jebby Moates rewrote the lyrics to "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," "A Little Help From My Friends," "All You Need is Love," "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and "The End." The group got a standing ovation during its long guitar riff on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."

Today, Ken and Connie Mansfield live in the mountains above Murphys. They travel all over the country promoting his books about The Beatles and Jesus. He also wrote a book with Patti Boyd, George Harrison's ex-wife who later married guitar legend Eric Clapton, one of Harrison's best friends.

People who attended the first service on Sunday said they were impressed with the program.

"It was great - a very moving message where God put (Mansfield) through a series of events in his life and turned him around," Morada resident Ron Kreutner said.

Kreutner's wife, Geri, described Mansfield as "very genuine, very humble."

Geri Kreutner recalls the excitement when The Beatles became a household name after they appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 - their first appearance in America.

"I was probably more of a Beach Boys fan, but The Beatles were up there, too," Ron Kreutner said.

"I thought it was a really good message," said Lodi resident Nicole Bras, whose mother is more familiar with The Beatles than she is.

Contact reporter Ross Farrow at rossf@lodinews.com.

• 1 Use your real name. You must register with your full first and last name before you can comment. (And don't pretend you're someone else.)
  • 3 Don't threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
  • 6 Stay on topic. Make sure your comments are about the story. Don't insult each other.
  • 7 Tell us if the discussion is getting out of hand. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.

• posted at 12:40 pm on Wed, Feb 20, 2008.

Thanks

• posted at 10:11 am on Wed, Feb 20, 2008.

Sam, I can tell you are finished with RF, that is why I stepped in. I did not think you would mind. Actually I am surprised you came back to this dead blog. Take a cue from WY, and vacate the blogs that he is on for awhile. Take care.

• posted at 9:38 am on Wed, Feb 20, 2008.

Lodian, I tried. Lucius, thanks. I did not know that you were using the block too. I cannot respond to RF anymore. He is way too draining for me.

• posted at 3:42 am on Wed, Feb 20, 2008.

When the Pledge Blog was altered I turned off the blocking function to see what happened. I can see it is time to reboot and turn it back on.

• posted at 4:30 pm on Tue, Feb 19, 2008.

sam: thank you for the suggestion. my computer went nuts, froze and i had to restart it. thats what happened i guess.

p.s. i thought you had me "blocked"?

• posted at 3:18 pm on Tue, Feb 19, 2008.

sam: That was nice of you to offer real facts help with his posting problem.

• posted at 2:49 pm on Tue, Feb 19, 2008.

real facts wrote on Feb 19, 2008 12:44 PM:
    " i don't know what happened, but i did not re-post my original post at the top."

I noticed that happening on a lot of other blogs you were on. Are you hitting the "refresh" key? That will cause your last blog to repost. Just a thought.

• posted at 9:49 am on Tue, Feb 19, 2008.

This blog is not displayed because you have added the blogger "Real Facts" to your Ignore list.

• posted at 6:46 am on Tue, Feb 19, 2008.

WY, can you please answer my question?

• posted at 6:44 am on Tue, Feb 19, 2008.

i don't know what happened, but i did not re-post my original post at the top.

• posted at 6:47 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

lodian: to answer your accusations about me being a different person outside this board, not true. i am the same man in real life, as i am in here. the only "difference" in here is that people will really reveal thier inner self more in here than the "real world". me though, i act the same.....and that means i tell the truth no matter what, and i am not afraid of anybody. should there be a scenario in real life, as in here, i would still say the same thing. that weeds out people like you in my life-quickly,...while-still-being-admired-for-being-a-good-guy-with-integrity-who-stands-for-what-is-right

• posted at 6:47 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

lodian: to answer your accusations about me being a different person outside this board, not true. i am the same man in real life, as i am in here. the only "difference" in here is that people will really reveal thier inner self more in here than the "real world". me though, i act the same....and that means i tell the truth no matter what, and i am not afraid of anybody. should there be a scenario in real life, as in here, i would still say the same thing. that weeds out people like you in my life-quickly,..while-still-being-admired-for-being-a-good-guy-with-integrity-who-stands-for-what-is-right

• posted at 6:46 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

lodian: to answer your accusations about me being a different person outside this board, not true. i am the same man in real life, as i am in here. the only "difference" in here is that people will really reveal thier inner self more in here than the "real world". me though, i act the same....and that means i tell the truth no matter what, and i am not afraid of anybody. should there be a scenario in real life, as in here, i would still say the same thing. that weeds out people like you in my life-quickly,....while-still-being-admired-for-being-a-good-guy-with-integrity-who-stands-for-what-is-right

• posted at 5:33 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

lodian: to answer your accusations about me being a different person outside this board, not true. i am the same man in real life, as i am in here. the only "difference" in here is that people will really reveal thier inner self more in here than the "real world". me though, i act the same....and that means i tell the truth no matter what, and i am not afraid of anybody. should there be a scenario in real life, as in here, i would still say the same thing. that weeds out people like you in my life-quickly,...while-still-being-admired-for-being-a-good-guy-with-integrity-who-stands-for-what-is-right

• posted at 5:25 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

lodian:
    how did you answer my feb 15th blog on the 17th, if you "couldn't read it"?

lying is 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th "nature" for you.

see, i "know" you

laughing

• posted at 5:21 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

("Lodian wrote on Feb 17, 2008 4:59 PM:
    Or do you soften/cowar, as your other handle "Brian").

WY, this is even in THIS blog where she said it...

ask her

• posted at 5:17 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

("WY wrote on Feb 17, 2008 7:25 PM:
    " Lodian... You think Real Facts is Brian? Can someone have 2 handles").

there is one quick way to find out if she is a person of truth, OR she purposefully lies...

ask her this yourself right now and see what she says now. see if she lies then.

whoever i am WY is inconsequential. eventually, you must pick the truth of God and his word over people if you are going to follow Christ. thats a real fact.

now ask her. it will demonstrate who she is.

be brave WY.....pick "truth"

• posted at 5:11 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

WY: your 1:08pm post was most excellant, but it only told the half of the story about who God/Jesus is.

you know yourself that Jesus was/is God, and you know that God hates sin, and cannot do anything other than condemn sin outright, when it IS sin.

you know this to be true, don't you?

with that in mind, do you think Jesus was only "loving" all the time?....or did he ever confront sin in a harsh way?

• posted at 5:06 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

("WY wrote on Feb 18, 2008 1:15 PM:
    Why do you need to prove anything? Can't you mellow out and love them as Christ has love you").

i have to prove they cannot represent the notion that you can circumvent Gods written laws and standards, and turn around and call themselves a "christian". that tells others, that they can make up whatever they want about Gods authority also. i will not let that notion be put up for adoption by anybody. that is a lie.....and-has-to-be-defended-against

you cannot ever "love" intentional purposeful sin. you become complacent about it....that takes over

• posted at 4:59 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

("real facts wrote on Feb 18, 2008 7:54 PM: right this moment, i have to go "talk to you" in the "pledge" blog. i will come back and address your other "concerns" in a little bit").

she followed me right over there. now how did she do that, if she "can't read" my posts? laughing.

sepearting people from thier words in order to demonstrate who they really are....in this case, "aint"

• posted at 2:54 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

WY, great blogs. You do know God's love. Hope you feel better soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• posted at 1:54 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

lodian: of course you can't "read this" (ha ha)...but read it anyway...

the LNS likes me. not for my position necessarily (because i have no idea where they stand), but because my presence in here "helps" to drive the blogs. now given that, as long as i don't break the rules, i still get to counter YOUR lies in here, albeit with the help of you now being handcuffed.

saweeeet

• posted at 1:53 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

I bet this is where real facts gets it all out as no one in real life would allow him to continue. Well, he has accomplished that here as well, as no one is listening (reading) any longer. He has been blocked by some and soon to be many. Others just don't give him the time of day anymore. AS you can see, he doesn't even attempt to address the topic anymore. He just jumps in and starts attacking people. I can't help but feel for his poor family and what they must put up with daily.

• posted at 1:49 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

("Lodian wrote on Feb 18, 2008 7:44 PM:
    WY: You can just choose not to read his posts anymore like the rest of us have decided to do").

i thought you couldn't read my posts anymore?

gotcha

right now, i am telling WY what the real story is about you, and you can't do anything to subvert that now.

• posted at 1:48 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

I wonder if the LNS realizes that they are getting a reputation due to this real facts guy and his rantings. People are not posting due to his threats and abuse. I don't think a paper would seriously want to be linked to such a person.

• posted at 1:46 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

("Lodian wrote on Feb 18, 2008 2:00 PM:
    His words are non-inclusive").

Jesus wasn't all-inclusive, thats a liberal speaking.

Jesus Christ was 100% EXCLUSIVE...

"i am the way, the truth and the life. NO ONE comes to the father EXCEPT thru me". (the words that display exclusivity are CAPITALIZED).

Jesus said you were either a sheep or a goat. there was never any "in-between" or "almosts". Jesus' exclusivity was an all, or nothing at all proposition. Christ was more narrow than liberals lie about, and always dealt with everybody on an exclusivity level

• posted at 1:44 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

WY: You can just choose not to read his posts anymore like the rest of us have decided to do.

• posted at 1:40 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

("Lodian wrote on Feb 17, 2008 5:17 PM:
    You would be a danger to us all, both spiritually and physically").

"physically"? your an evil twisted person to say that!

the ONLY reason that you do say that, is your hoping to discredit my words in here as it pertains to Gods authority, so that you can revel in changing it's definition at will.

you people will stop at nothing in order to silence Gods authority over your life, by silencing my voice as i replicate that authority. you won't get away with it, not while i am in here

• posted at 1:34 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

("Lodian wrote on Feb 18, 2008 11:06 AM:
    WY: Yes, it was clear that real facts was using more than one handle when, it a fit of anger, he quickly made up a new handle (with my name in it) so as to blast me with it on the boards (creepy)").

WY, see what i mean? a total lie (until she was caught in it yesterday), and she is STILL lying about it today. she was busted on it BEFORE she wrote this to you, and continues to lie about it knowing it's a lie. she knows leonard knows i am not brian, and STILL lies about it to you

i made up that new handle "2lodiansinone", to demonstrate to the board how easy it was for lodian to become "lee". i used that handle to prove my point ONCE. SHE made up that handle ("lee") to come at me as a "man" when she couldn't handle her business otherwise...and continues to lie about her NOT being "lee", even though i proved it

• posted at 1:24 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

("WY wrote on Feb 18, 2008 1:24 PM: Can you stop blogging for a while to stop you hatered towards people?").

it's hatred of sin, NOT PEOPLE. thats another lie that lodian and others use toward people like me to get me to be quiet about the true standards of God. telling the Godly truth/truths about sin and people isn't "hatred", otherwise God would be guilty of that himself. HE has asked each one of us to NOT tolerate sin, so that sin doesn't dictate mans life/destiny.

thats why i oppose these people so strongly. they continually lie about Gods standards, and call it "hate"

it's not my fault if God asks me to take a stand againt it, by also taking a stand against the people that promote the acceptance of sin. i won't

• posted at 1:17 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

("WY wrote on Feb 18, 2008 1:24 PM:
    I don't believe Jesus would have dealt with anyone in the manner that you do").

i know you don't want to believe that, because your a person of peace.

but he did, and he had to. i know you know Gods character enough to know that while he understands human failures, and gives grace toward that, God DOESN'T tolerate sin. if he did, he wouldn't be God, and man would run amok. Gods word is FILLED with God castigating his creation over the sin issue. Jesus did that in harsh ways, that demonstrated his non tolerance policy toward sin. are you familiar with how Jesus acted toward the money changers? he wasn't nice toward thier sin, and neither am i when it's known "CONTINUAL" sin

• posted at 1:11 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

("WY wrote on Feb 18, 2008 1:24 PM:
    realfacts...I don't get it. Who will you bring to our Lord when you chase them away").

the "job" description of a true beliver is two-fold...
    (1) to share the love and acceptance of Christ to everyone for which he gives opportunity. that should be a Christians first move.
    (2) to defend the integrity of God, including the integrity of his word, and to NEVER make an allowance for sin to be accepted.

unfortunately, i have had to operate in here on #2, based on the fact this board is filled with people trying thier best to redefine Gods authority. they won't allow me to display #1, because thier too busy with #2.

your the ONLY one in here, for which #1 has legitimately applied. if you knew me outside of here....rarely is #2 a part of my life

• posted at 12:52 pm on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

("WY wrote on Feb 17, 2008 7:25 PM:
    Lodian... You think Real Facts is Brian? Can someone have 2 handles").

i ALMOST forgot about this blog. i would have missed busting lodian on her lie.

WY, i told you lodian lies about me without conscience. she knew i wasn't brian, and lied about it anyway to discredit me.....in MULTIPLE posts

the proof she lied and knew it....go read the "racist" blog...in that blog, leonard admits he knows brian PRESONALLY away from these blogs, which in turns means i am not brian, otherwise leonard would have said so. leonard knew that, and sat there and watched lodian lie about it. they were BOTH lying

i told you i was right about these people

• posted at 8:07 am on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

WY: Nope, no riding for me this weekend. I am caring for a sick family member. My pony probably won't know who I am. It's been too long. He's boarded at another site so I don't get to see him everyday.

• posted at 8:00 am on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

WY: Yes, you missed quite a bit. It was probably for the best anyway. It was unfortunate that you were sick though. It's a shame someone would use the Bible and Christianity in their agenda of hate and condemnation of others here. I truly believe that this guy (real facts or Brian...whomever he chooses to be) has had no plans in being a real Christian. The "real facts" character is the most aggressive, abusive and threatening ever seen here on the boards. He just simply hates. At first I thought he was either reasonably passionate about the topic and/or kidding around with a bit of humor. It took me two or three posts to understand that this was not the case. I continued to be involved in the exchange, even trying to keep it light with humor and draw the guy out of his funk, but it didn't go well. He just hated more. Now, we all know this person has some personal deep-seeded issues. His words are destructive, threatening, angry and non-inclusive. He could be a complete fake, flake or purposeful abuser. All we can do is pray for him and hope God can fill his heart with something other than the horrible hate he holds for all.

• posted at 7:44 am on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

By the way... I LOVE the Beatles!!!!

• posted at 7:41 am on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

Lodian... You getting out on your horse these days? I'm so tired today. I feel like my body is relappsing(sp)from the flu. I would love to go for a ride in the fresh air today, I'd fall off today! I just need to take a nap. Moms never get to stop and recover. It's more like duck and cover! haha! :)

• posted at 7:37 am on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

If we're who we say we are then we should all pray about this difference that we find ourselves in. The tone of our conversations should change if we can be big enough to pray. There is a purpose for all of us and we are all part of God's plan. He likes us this way, all different! But not hateful towards each other. What the hell is wrong with everyone anymore?

• posted at 7:24 am on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

realfacts...I don't get it. Who will you bring to our Lord when you chase them away? Love is the most important thing we are asked to do.It's not in our nature to love. We're selfish by nature. We have to choose to love. I don't believe Jesus would have dealt with anyone in the manner that you do. What are you mad about? Can you stop blogging for a while to stop you hatered towards people? Just go and hang out in the park with your people. And just be mellow.

• posted at 7:15 am on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

I don't understand any of this. This has nothing to do with Gods power/ athority/ love/ laws/ NOTHING! This has nothing to do with GOD'S GRACE. How are you going to calm down real facts. Were do you stop? Why do you need to prove anything? Can't you mellow out and love them as Christ has love you? Do you not realise that you have to the dying breath to gather a soul for Christ. You show kindness to the end, as Christ did for us. Someone could remeber you words at the very last breath and join our Lord.

• posted at 7:08 am on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

From what I understand as my fraith grows in Christ I am to have caution with my tounge and actions because the nonbeliever is watching how we treat others. As a Follower of Jesus Christ, I understand that I am to show other members of the body of Christ the love that Jesus shows me. I understand that I am to show love even if there are differences betweeen us. "Love each other as I have loved you" I don't know where that is in the Bible but it's there.

• posted at 7:04 am on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

That's weird. I haven't been keeping up or I missed a post or two. That week I was so sick I didn't read that long post to me from real facts. I don't know what it said. I couldn't sit up that long because I was sick. I'm not getting in on this because this isn't the kind of Christian I want to learn from. The way real facts is going at people isn't anything like what I'm trying to do in my life with new or non believers.

• posted at 5:06 am on Mon, Feb 18, 2008.

WY: Yes, it was clear that real facts was using more than one handle when, it a fit of anger, he quickly made up a new handle (with my name in it) so as to blast me with it on the boards (creepy). He said he wanted to show us how easy it was to make-up another handle and use it against us (me). Also, someone pointed out that Brian and real facts post very similar, even misspelling the same words over and over again etc.

Anyway, enjoy the sunshine today! :-)

• posted at 7:16 pm on Sun, Feb 17, 2008.

Any blog that includes posts from real acts becomes a weird blog.

• posted at 1:29 pm on Sun, Feb 17, 2008.

That's funky!I thought Brian a
    is in Arizona. This is a weird blog anymore.

• posted at 1:25 pm on Sun, Feb 17, 2008.

Lodian... You think Real Facts is Brian? Can someone have 2 handles?

• posted at 11:17 am on Sun, Feb 17, 2008.

RF: To me, here on these boards, you are just some guy with a big evil chip on his shoulder just wasting away in a pool of hate. There is no way I would ever allow you into my personal life and around my family. You would be a danger to us all, both spiritually and physically. It's no doubt that you do not have enough people in your life, that "really" know you, that would be inviting you to anything. If they do it is because they haven't seen the "real facts" you hold in your heart. That's why you need to unleash your evil heart here on an anonymous board. That way you keep your real indentity a secret from your party friends and maybe even your wife and family. In other words, they don't know the real you. So, the next time you want to beat your chest about who you are in real life, just keep it to yourself because we are all too wise to your lies. Besides, if you are going to state your grand importance then state your name along with it or just simply put a sock in it.

• posted at 11:06 am on Sun, Feb 17, 2008.

RF: You may think you are the life of the party outside these boards (as if that's some sort of great thing), but it's only an image you have created in your own mind.

I dare you to address others, at the next big party you attend, the way you speak to people here and see what happens. You won't do it because you know in a heartbeat that they would all leave your side. NO Christian, or anyone, would allow a person like you in their life if they knew your heart in these matters.

• posted at 10:59 am on Sun, Feb 17, 2008.

RF: You are in charge of your own wickedness. Take responsibility and stop blaming others for your evil actions and black heart.

You looooove to talk about who you are away from these boards. Why do you think anyone cares? Stop beating your chest about who you are. You are not what you think you are. And that a "real fact". You fail and you blame others. Sad little man.

Does the wife approve of this nasty evil side of you? Or do you soften/cowar, as your other handle "Brian", and become a whiner and complainer as you act the victim?

• posted at 4:52 pm on Fri, Feb 15, 2008.

lodian: one things for sure, given your nasty feigned behavior, you will never get to see that part of me, because i am too busy taking out your trash in here. thanks to you, NOBODY gets to witness it in here either. in your deluded world, you will high five yourself over that one.

too bad you can't witness from afar of my life outside of here, you would choke on your tongue given your accusations of me.

like i said too, get your own material. it's demonstrates you have no game when you continually use mine

• posted at 11:20 am on Fri, Feb 15, 2008.

RF: LOL! Woweee! That's too much.

So, now I am responsible for your lack of being fun?

"in the real world outside of here, few people have as much fun in life as me"

Sure, uh....okay. LOL!

You're an "ain't" in that department....and I'm sure in other departments as well.

koo-koo koo-koo

• posted at 6:14 am on Fri, Feb 15, 2008.

i AM a prime example.

unfortuantely because of who you "aren't", no one in here gets to see that side of me. you have YOU to thank for that.

in the real world outside of here, few people have as much fun in life as me

thats a fact

• posted at 3:13 pm on Thu, Feb 14, 2008.

real facts: Sure, you're just a prime example. You're just a barrel of monkeys. Fun, fun, fun....yep, that's your middle name. (in fantasy land)

• posted at 8:20 pm on Wed, Feb 13, 2008.

("Lodian wrote on Feb 13, 2008 12:58 AM:
    "real facts" is the promoter of Christian FUN").

you know what i AM the promoter of????

TRUTH. (Gods version of what truth really is)

you have an aversion to it, by attempting to re-define it, opposite of what God already said it was.

once a person actually FOLLOWS the truth, "fun" can end up being thier middle name

true Christianity isn't a huge list of no no no no no no no.

it's an incredible list of "i can", followed by wisdom of doing the "i cans" within thier proper design

"fun"????? you bet

• posted at 6:58 pm on Tue, Feb 12, 2008.

"real facts" is the promoter of Christian FUN

• posted at 4:41 pm on Mon, Feb 11, 2008.

This is the church that had that Mayberry style play, right? They really have a lot of events over there.

• posted at 4:38 pm on Mon, Feb 11, 2008.

Ya think Michael Flatley will be there?

• posted at 4:37 pm on Mon, Feb 11, 2008.

voter: Riverdance? That would be cool! :-)

• posted at 3:38 pm on Mon, Feb 11, 2008.

voter;
    maybe they will. if they do, mind if i buy you the tickets so you can go?

who knows. maybe you will learn that being a Christian is fun, and not some big wall of rules.

and maybe ...just maybe, it would turn your heart around so you don't have to spend your days wasted on trolling around looking to take swipes at Christians in blogs about Christianity.

just a thought

• posted at 2:09 pm on Mon, Feb 11, 2008.

St. Patrick's Day is coming up. Maybe they'll feature Riverdance.

• posted at 9:26 am on Mon, Feb 11, 2008.

Devine intervention?

• posted at 7:45 am on Mon, Feb 11, 2008.

in my last post it left off...they didn't do anything unscriptural by having him give his ...."testimony"

• posted at 7:43 am on Mon, Feb 11, 2008.

("Leonard Feb 11 11:05 AM:This Bear Creek Church is amazing. One week they watch the Super Bowl, the next week they listen to some washed out Beatles groupie, I wonder when they find the time to actually worship").

see what i mean? i was right about you. your first comment is as usual, a nasty one. you have that "Christian solidarity" thing down pat leonard. if i was an unbeliever, and i read your posts to these stories, i would designate you-as an unbeliever as well, because your ALWAYS sarcastic-toward-Christians.

they didn't do anything unscriptural by having him give his

• posted at 5:20 am on Mon, Feb 11, 2008.

This Bear Creek Church sure is movin' and shakin'.

• posted at 5:05 am on Mon, Feb 11, 2008.

This Bear Creek Church is amazing. One week they watch the Super Bowl, the next week they listen to some washed out Beatles groupie, I wonder when they find the time to actually worship.

• posted at 3:02 am on Mon, Feb 11, 2008.

and some churches held church services Sunday.

• posted at 2:34 am on Mon, Feb 11, 2008.

What an idea; like a song, add it to your religious repertoire by changing the lyrics! For the Catholics; "Hey, Pope, don't be afraid." Or why not use the old standard religous tunes too? Who could forget "Faith of Our Buddha, Holy Faith" or "Onward Islam's Soldiers, marching as to war with the star and crescent carried on before." How about using Roy Orbison's tunes for the Hispanic Catholics;"Guadalupe, walking down the street." Eastern religion could be spiced up with a bit of Sedaka "Put your hand in the many hands..." the possibilities are endless!

• posted at 2:03 am on Mon, Feb 11, 2008.

Good entertainment - interesting speaker.
    Kudos to Bear Creek and staff for creating events that are fun to attend.

• posted at 2:01 am on Mon, Feb 11, 2008.

Get back Loretta!