Hamid Hayat sentenced

Posted: Monday, September 10, 2007 10:00 pm

Lodi resident Hamid Hayat was sentenced Monday to 24 years in federal prison after a jury convicted him of supporting terrorists and then lying about it to the FBI.

Hayat, who turned 25 Monday, has been jailed since June 2005, when he was arrested during a large scale FBI investigation in Lodi. He had faced a maximum of 39 years in federal prison, though U.S. District Judge Garland E. Burrell Jr. noted his lack of criminal record at sentencing — but not before issuing strong words about the defendant.

• posted at 5:12 pm on Sun, Sep 16, 2007.

Just the same, I have to get a grip on one of those 500's just for fun. Left and right handed. Do you think its loud enough? ROFL

• posted at 8:26 am on Sun, Sep 16, 2007.

Flexor Mandible: Do you have issues with your insides? LOL!

• posted at 4:21 pm on Sat, Sep 15, 2007.

Government Agent, just because you receive a monthly "check" from the government does not make you a government "agent". You should thank "US" taxpayers for funding your inability to find a credible job.

• posted at 3:53 pm on Sat, Sep 15, 2007.

My point, when using an 870 you tend to have very short and wide range "collateral damage" - if you know what I mean. Swift and effective deterrence that is 100%. DOB/slug/DOB/slug/"surprise" load , you will never have to worry about the terrorists again. The 7/8 oz rifled slugs make a mess, but assure absolute destruction of the target IN SIDE YOUR HOUSE with the locked windows and doors and the posted signs in Spanish and Urdu as well as English. ROFL

• posted at 3:50 pm on Sat, Sep 15, 2007.

Semper Fidelis! Thanks for your patriotism. Sometimes I wonder who is worse, terrorists or cowards. Someday I will try a 500, it sounds exciting. I had a friend who tried to defend himself with a handgun. He was successful in protecting his wife and kids from two drunk illegals who tried breaking into his house. He only shot and killed one of them, because only one was an immediate threat. The cops busted the defender because the only other witness was the other robber, who lied.

• posted at 1:11 pm on Sat, Sep 15, 2007.

Gov Agent: sounds like you just threatened me! I stand fast to my beliefs, my rights, and my upbringing.

I have the First Ammendment to stand by, the FREEDOM OF SPEECH. I say what many want to, but are too scared.
    I won't live in fear of BAD people.

I also have the Second Ammendment to stand by, the Right to Bear Arms. I won't be put in imminent danger by BAD people.

What kinds of problems will my comments create? Are you really a Gov Agent, or do you have a job?

• posted at 10:24 am on Sat, Sep 15, 2007.

You are either for homies, illegal aliens, gangbangers and terrorists or you are against them. Make a decision and quit sitting on the fence. These people would stab you in a sec of you turned your back on them. Look at Mexico and Pakistan. Both governments kiss up to the terrorists. Not here!

• posted at 7:54 am on Sat, Sep 15, 2007.

Why is the american that was shooting at americans as they went to iraq off and living free in another country, Only in america does money talk so loudly. Americans have become followers and beleive anything that is told to them.duhh grow a brain

• posted at 5:32 am on Sat, Sep 15, 2007.

The host machine is in Montana. Run a Whois and see. I know techs in Bigfork. The DNS goes to Davenport Iowa, know techs there too. 192.104.182.100 is the cluster ip. All of the people commenting are not idiots. I don't use Windows software for that reason. EVERY request to my Linux browser-- I SEE. I always use a proxy via a proxy (unregistered). I have to check to find out "who I am" LOL

• posted at 1:06 pm on Fri, Sep 14, 2007.

I hope you will stop using these kind of postings on the blogs, it will cause a lot of problems! our power is in our voice, and remember this will be saved in the archive forever! your IP address is dually noted!

• posted at 1:04 pm on Fri, Sep 14, 2007.

Yea we will win our fight to keep America a democracy! first California needs redistricting! I cannot believe the people didnt vote for it! even the liberal media agreed that redistricting needs to be done! Do you people know that the same elected officials cannot get voted out! And they laugh at you and me saying behind closed doors that Californians are dumber than bricks and the studipest people on earth! yes this was said by democrats. It was recorded by a reporter who was posing as a worker for the party!

• posted at 1:01 pm on Fri, Sep 14, 2007.

Can I try it? Waaah! I still like my 870, faster than an 100. DOB/SLUG/DOB/SLUG/Tracer
    My wife only has to point an 870. It takes longer to get bead on a handgun target unless they are too close. Never let them within 8 feet. They do and they are no longer. It is too dangerous to allow an assailant to have that advantage. Boom x 5 and we ask questions later. Not an "invited guest" we know all the legal BS.

• posted at 3:27 pm on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

Keep fighting but it's a losing battle. Most of these people are too busy waving their pop guns and itching for a reason to use them to care. Little do they know that if the gov. ever decided to do so they would take away their toys in a heart beat. There are none so blind as those who can not see.

• posted at 3:00 pm on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

Dogs or guns. Guns! Our Dogs were ready for plan B. Four neighbors with loaded weapons on him stared him down with the floodlights on. He wet his pants!! The poor widdle homie was wetting his widdle panties. Lucky for him he didn't try to get inside. He started crying - an eastside punk. The cops never showed up. Who can wait? The homie has never been back. We are ready for him rain or shine. Bring it on! He had no legal right to be in the USA.

• posted at 2:56 pm on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

I love these comments. It makes me proud to be an American! I love the smell of napalm in the morning! The smell of victory. Last year, we had an intruder, who climbed a posted fence at 2 AM and was stealing everything he could touch. The problem was, how can he get out? Stupid moron. He set off the silent alarm and was on CCTV cameras, while he tried to depart with my stuff.

• posted at 2:42 pm on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

We like our house "clean". We want to kep things clean from insects, environmental pollution, global warming, and armed intruders, stuff like that. We figure we have less than 4 sec for the complete "job". Thats plenty of time. We practice in the dark. :>) We just don't want our stuff to leave the property, and don't take kindly to armed intruders- if you get my drift.

• posted at 12:53 pm on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

God Bless America: You are correct, everyone in this country should fly the Grand Ole' Flag!

Rem 870: I could not agree more! BUT, If they are terrorists, they should be hit with a 400 + gr JHP!

Glad some of us speak the same language, keep in mind we must be in "imminent danger" to use said liberties.

• posted at 12:20 pm on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

When the government wants to distract you they do things like this! focus on this rather than the border, or the economy which will crash within 12 months! If you have stocks, I would not risk them now! we have artificial economic stimulation that is going to crash! Mexico is getting billions for nothing! illegals are getting millions in aid in the U.S.! it is crap like this, and the rich are laughing at you and me!

• posted at 12:16 pm on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

If you go to ondemand there is the program with all the information about thise case and others since 9-11. If this kid and his family did nothing and you are not sure, send them back to their country! also if you have an informant in so deep as to create a computer base for the church with all the members info, why take him out so fast over this stupid kid! keep him deep under cover for years!

• posted at 12:12 pm on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

The facts, just the facts please! It is amazing that when investigations done by nonbiased third parties like discovery channel, bring up the mistakes made! #1 our tax dollars went to an informant who basically told this kid what to do! The FBI made the mistake during their first press release by mentioning the terrorist group! The FBI in the documentory admitted they made a mistake and that these people were not in any camp! the investigation checked all leads and came up with nothing.

• posted at 11:28 am on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

Do you believe everything the government tells you?

• posted at 7:17 am on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

wellwell; actually, when a person adds it all up, sympathizers with what happened at waco & ruby ridge (despite ugly collateral damage), prove one thing, that illegal behavior against govt law is ok. which full circle means it's people like you that pave an in-road to muslims looking for an oppurtunity to prey against our civil rights - political correctness. your an accessory to those crimes. you break the law, you pay. put yourself (and others) in that position, you get spanked.

• posted at 7:06 am on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

"A Boogeyman Behind Every Bush"... and BUSH is the head boogie!

• posted at 5:48 am on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

People either have a short memory or they just don't want to believe the truth. It's becom the FBI"s mantra " A Boogeyman Behind Every Bush!"

• posted at 3:42 am on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

WOW, So many different views. It boils down to this: If you support this country and live by the the rules, You don't end up in the eye of the FBI, local police or in the Pokey! Either support the laws in this country(even though you might not agree with them all) OR GO HOME!! It really is that easy. S&W 500 and I can provide the ride to the airport..

• posted at 3:03 am on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

I agree, support our court system and send this guy to prison. They need to give him an attitude adjustment. I am sure he will enjoy his retraining before he is allowed back out of prison. I also agree with the second amendment. It is so important , it was placed NUMBER TWO in the BILL OF RIGHTS. Oh Yes, Any problems on my property, will earn the perp a quick trip to where they belong. I don't thinks they have angels there, or "dark eyed virgins".

• posted at 2:56 am on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

I agree S&W 500. If they are terrorists, send them to prison. If they bomb us, the libs complain, if we arrest the terrorists, the libs complain. So we know the libs complain. As long as we have the second amendment, I dont care. Libs, complain all you want. Thats what America is about express your opinion, and protect your famiies with the second amendment. If any terrorist wants to poke around my property, I will give you a big surprise! :>)

• posted at 12:47 am on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

And please no winers I am a diehard US Citizen and love my country! also my youngest son is in bootcamp, in the Army! I love our Country and think it is a disgrace for the public to accept this case as redemption for the poor job the FBI has been doing. Reminds me of a new cop eager to write his first ticket! Have a nice day! and checkout the movie about this case and other activity since 9-11-2001!

• posted at 12:43 am on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

I am telling you! everybody here that the FBI screwed up big time. Read this article carefully, they qoute:Instead, prosecutors focused on Hayat's own words, a potentially radical scrapbook he made as a teenager and conversations with the paid informant who encouraged Hayat to attend a training camp. THIS DOCUMENTARY ON TERRORISTS ACTIVITY AFTER 9-11 SHOWS ALL THE FACTS. These are the same idots who allowed the terroist to get into the country in the first place.

• posted at 12:39 am on Thu, Sep 13, 2007.

Did any of you watch the documentary??? The FBI screwed this cases up, using taxpayer money, planting someone in the their church. This guy had designed their computer system and had all the records! There was no terrorist training camp! You all go mto ondemand and find the military or discovery channel investigating this case! There was no training camp, but the FBI already mentioned taliban, and terroist camp and the media went nuts!

• posted at 3:35 pm on Wed, Sep 12, 2007.

Sorry I didn't realize we were playing hide and seek. My only comment about Ruby Ridge will be I don't believe in anyone murdering babies and shooting 10 yr old boys in the back.

• posted at 2:16 pm on Wed, Sep 12, 2007.

Pakistan, like Israel, was set up after WW II to help a disenfranchised cultural group. Moslems were being attacked by the Punjabis of India. We pressured India to let them have their own country. So Pakistanis OWE us BIG time! If we didn't help partition India, most moslems in Pakistan wouldn't have the freedoms they have. Your choice: India Or the USA? If you hate us so much tell us, what would happen if you went to Kashmir? You would have NO chance to say one word about it.

• posted at 2:15 pm on Wed, Sep 12, 2007.

What is the big attraction? Mecca is NOT in Pakistan, Bin Laden is. Have You ever been to Pakistan? Where would YOU get the thousands of dollars for each trip. Lets tell the truth! Moslem leaders say they hate all Jews, so If the USA is an ally with Israel then we must be enemies? Thats their whole story. Do we want to remind them who invented Pakistan?

• posted at 2:13 pm on Wed, Sep 12, 2007.

I don't like Pres Bush, but why do you blame the President for this guys secret trips to Pakistan? You have a man who sells ice cream and lives in a garage and an adult son who is not employed. How can Umer afford all these trips to Pakistan, not counting the food, lodging, expenses. Pakistan is NOT Disneyland.

• posted at 1:59 pm on Wed, Sep 12, 2007.

Oops, sorry thanks for the correction, but they should still be flying the flag.

• posted at 12:45 pm on Wed, Sep 12, 2007.

To "Wellwell and Carl",
    Did you take your meds yesterday? Terrorists killed MY countrymen and women. FACT. They were MUSLIM. FACT. Our local Mulsim community has NOT taken a stand against said "radical muslims", FACT.

Racism & Hatred, NO! Only people who do not have the wool pulled over their eyes.

IF terrorists strike again, you will have to rely on such people, to protect your LIFE. Our government and local law enforcement will only be able to provide a broad effect. That is why the Second Ammendment was created, and lives today.

• posted at 11:24 am on Wed, Sep 12, 2007.

I agree, except they need to pick up MORE of these criminals. East Lodi needs to be fumigated. Set up a checkpoint and lets check them one by one. Yes no yes no yes no. All the illegals or people with warrants. Send out

• posted at 8:43 am on Wed, Sep 12, 2007.

dear wellwell at 10:41am, i don't have anything to hide, do you? everytime i hear someone mention ruby ridge, it sounds a bell in my head. lets me know what team people are really playing for. and as it where, my words were correct, that there ARE people in this town that want to destroy us, or at minimum, they want to leave the road wide open for those that do, via political correctness. buzz that plane over my house all day long. i got nothing to hide

• posted at 8:03 am on Wed, Sep 12, 2007.

wellwell: nice to see some sanity here.

• posted at 5:41 am on Wed, Sep 12, 2007.

It's sad to see the hatred and racism displayed here. What the FBI did to this this young man they could do to any of us. Bush has shredded our constitution. They can listen to your phone conversations, open your mail, go into your bank account, have your neighbors spy on you and any number of things we may not know about. This is the same FBI that brought us Ruby Ridge and Waco.

• posted at 3:48 am on Wed, Sep 12, 2007.

Yes the FBI is still lurking about, but now i support them. They got one rat and there are more to follow. I don't know who Moslems hate the most, women, dogs, or pork? Its all political. As long as we keep the "Moslem GOB" away, believe anything you want. I know someone who worships snakes. Snakes, Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, tooth fairy, 73 fat virgins, whatever you need to make you happy.

• posted at 3:40 am on Wed, Sep 12, 2007.

Have you ever travelled to the Middle East? The screaming and chanting prayers 5 times a day! If you don't believe in the "Easter Bunny", why do you have to hear this crap? In this country, you don't hear the chop chop of the scimitars of the Sharia police chopping heads, hands and fingers "for God". Some of these choppers are trying to bring that insanity here. I know you have "73 dark eyed virgins" waiting for each one of you, but what do YOUR women get? Dirty laundry!! LOL

• posted at 6:27 pm on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

I hope this is a sign to all middle east people come here support us if not you will get your physical love from the brotherhood in the pokie.lol

• posted at 4:17 pm on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

People will complain about the sentencing of this man no matter what length of prison time he gets. But then again, once he goes and ACTUALLY attacks Americans they will complain that not enough was done to prevent it.

• posted at 2:36 pm on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

richard mcintyred; please be clear in here, and explain to the reading audience how you think it was the U.S. govt that purposefully sent planes into the towers, and not "muslims". that way when people read about your version of "allah", they will know exactly where you are coming from. make sure you let them know that you never have condoned muslim worldwide violence in the name of "islam". no sense in you trying to hide behind "peaceful" islam anymore.

• posted at 2:06 pm on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

Some of you don't even try to hide the racism. Did anyone follow this trial beyond the pages of the News Sentinel? There is no evidence of wrong doing by this man. He's guilty of being stupid and that's about it.

• posted at 1:02 pm on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

Lodian (who posted Sep.11@3:10pm): I don't think we'll ever know all the facts.

• posted at 12:49 pm on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

poor hamid..=[
    hes innocent and young

• posted at 12:24 pm on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

Justice

• posted at 12:08 pm on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

If these MUSLIMS do not like how they are treated here, THEY ARE ALL WELCOME TO LEAVE!!!!!!

Need a ride to the nearest airport?

I will volunteer to drive them there, provided they have taken a bath in the last 2 days.

• posted at 12:05 pm on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

They're circling over OSCAR and OBSERVORS' houses now. They have JUSTTHEFACTS residence next on their flight path.LOL Look out for those spyplanes, ladies.

• posted at 11:34 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

I hope he enjoys his stay in the Pokey. Hope his cell mate can teach him the real meaning of pokey.

• posted at 10:33 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

The FBI and justice system's rush to convict any scapegoat based on non evidence scares me more than the thought of actual terrorists. Our constitution is trashed in the name of patriotism.

• posted at 10:10 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

Open your eyes people, he is innocent, how can you convict a man because an FBI informant yelled at him on the phone to attend a training camp...?
    The informant got his money and the FBI got their excuse.

• posted at 9:51 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

Am I the only one to see the irony in the fact that we read about Hayat's conviction on Sept 11th? My only other question is what happened to the circling airplanes? lol!

• posted at 8:28 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

We have left our borders open WAY to long. Our shcools are over crowded, our public assistance programs are getting sucked dry. Very few of the people that come to this country pay the tax's that they should. This guy's family ice cream truck most likely sent the money back home. They should go home with it and stay there!

• posted at 8:26 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

If you come to this country, you had better support it and all of it's law's. If you don't, GO HOME OR GO TO JAIL. I would prefer that you go home that way I am not paying for 3 hots and a cot for your dumb butt!

• posted at 8:20 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

Got it. Thanks --Lodian

• posted at 7:56 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

We were working on archive access for the Sentinelgold site. Everything should be back to normal now.

• posted at 7:36 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

I think justice was served here. This guy was guilty as they come. He is only the tip of the iceberg. These terrorist cells are everywhere. Some may not be as organized, but they are still equally as dangerous. I think there are still radical muslims living in Lodi today, that would kill Americans if they could. I am a U.S. soldier, and I take this kind of stuff to heart. Although there are threats overseas, I think the government tends to underestimate things that are hiding in our own backyard.

• posted at 6:42 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

Do the crime...do the time. Another terrorist off our streets. This is great!

• posted at 6:39 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

So, is the new program you've set up only for subscribers to the archives? All the TOP BLOGS are archived, no matter how new the article. Is this a new set up? Please explain. --Lodian

• posted at 6:34 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

not guilty plea, rather, a guilty verdict. 24 years isn't long enough. Should Jesus tarry, he could get out and try his terrorist attacks all over again.

• posted at 6:33 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

Nor strike out at other people or countries because they have a religion other then my own. You reap what you sew! I have no sypathy for this 25 year old. Thousands of innocent people died on this day 6 years ago! May America very ever viligent to protect our people and country!

• posted at 6:33 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

for answering this prayer of mine. I prayed that the Lord would give wisdom and discernment to the jury and that they would "see" with eyes wide open what the Lord showed me in the Spirit, and that is terrorists are in our backyard, and that this man is, indeed, a terrorist. This isn't anti-Muslim, it's exposing the "sin" for what it really is and I am very thankful to the Lord for this guilty plea!

• posted at 6:32 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

Why are today's articles being archived already? Also, there are articles already archived that are only four days old? What gives? --Lodian

• posted at 5:39 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

sarah miller: Don't be shocked, they could be anywhere.

• posted at 4:56 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

Dispelling double standards have proven to be a complete waste of time due to the enormous amount of them prevalent in this perverted society. The obligation to accept Islam is handed by the Creator of all that exists and not some wild Talabanian ragheads with boxcutters. If you refuse to surrender to God and worship only God I pray that you are granted guidance before you leave this world.

• posted at 4:02 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

wow i cant believe we have terrorists in lodi how scary.

• posted at 3:26 am on Tue, Sep 11, 2007.

Yes, by all means have an attorney present during questioning. I wonder what "rights" you wpuld have in Saudi Arabia, Or other Middle eastern countries. Oh , I know a "right" and an OBIGATION for every middle eastern country other than Turkey. The obligation to accept Islam as the only religion. Thats a very interesting "right". This is a country of laws not multicultural Balkinism.