- Where do property tax dollars go?
City Manager Rad Bartlam presented a chart at an educational
meeting on city revenues Tuesday showing how $1 of property tax is
- Educational Revenue Augmentation Fund: 27.7 percent*
- Lodi Unified School District: 27.3 percent
- San Joaquin County General Fund: 22 percent
- City of Lodi General Fund: 16.6 percent
- Delta College: 3.8 percent
- Other: 2.6 percent
*In 1992, California shifted local property tax from cities and
counties into a fund to reduce the cost of education to the state's
To see the rest of the PowerPoint charts and graphs, go to the
City Buzz blog at www.lodinews.com/blogs/city_buzz.
Posted: Wednesday, February 2, 2011 12:00 am
Updated: 5:56 am, Wed Feb 2, 2011.
Over the past several months, Lodi resident Ed Miller has
diligentially attended almost every Lodi City Council meeting,
often clad in his Tea Party Patriots shirt.
As the group's representative for the council, he is on a
mission to find out how the city works and how normal citizens can
positively affect local government.
Or, use your
Wednesday, February 2, 2011 12:00 am.
Updated: 5:56 am.