- In other action
On Tuesday, the city council also:
- Officially adopted ordinances related to city council health benefits and social host liability.
- Accepted a routine staff report regarding the need for facilities for indoor parks and recreation programs.
- Held three public hearings related to an increase in annual assessments for property owners within three lighting and landscaping districts.
- Discussed in closed session the appointment of a new public works director.
- Heard a presentation on railroad quiet zones.
- Voted to move the Aug. 7 city council meeting to Aug. 6 to allow council members to attend the annual National Night Out event.
— Jennifer Bonnett
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 12:00 am
California Waste Recovery Systems will be allowed to open a materials recycling center after the Galt City Council on Tuesday denied an appeal filed against the project.
The unanimous 5-0 vote came after more than 90 minutes of discussion and more than half a dozen speakers opposing the center.
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 12:00 am.