Two injured in Lodi drive-by

Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 10:00 pm

A Stockton man was arrested Sunday night after a drive-by Lodi shooting in which his fellow passenger, as well as a Lodi teen, were injured, police said.

Victor Estrada Jr., 19, was jailed after police stopped two vehicles fleeing the shooting scene, then found bleeding victims in each car. The wounds were not life-threatening.

• posted at 6:11 am on Thu, Aug 27, 2009.

Get away from the Tourist Spots in Mexico and you will get a good look at what California is going to look like after the Mexicans are done retaking their territory. They have NO concept of birth control and American taxpayers wind up paying cost for healthcare, housing and all the other programs the liberals have manage to force down our throats. Our generosity has become an obligation and mandated against our free will. I am sick and tired of being taxed into the poor house to support programs set up specifically for illegals, druggies and lazy jerks who have figured out how to bleed the system.

• posted at 2:46 am on Thu, Aug 27, 2009.

As for the gang members in Lodi they have been there for as long as I can remember. This is not the first drive buy and I am sure it won’t be the last. The drugs and the gangs on the eastside are so bad that I moved two thousand miles away so my kid would not get shot; or on her way to school “you wana try some meth” California needs more prisons give these guys 50 years for a first offence like they do in the southern states. Oh hey maybe if John or Jane citizen were allowed to carry a gun maybe the gang member /drug dealers would think twice about what they do because here where I live I can shoot back Jbhiker and you are right it’s about money if law enforcement would put these guys away then maybe you could take a nice walk on the eastside with out a violent attack of some kind. As it is that’s is so not going to happen

• posted at 11:04 am on Wed, Aug 26, 2009.

Liver? Don't know.Point still stands though. At what point do people become non-this or that Americans? Doesn't matter if you're white or not. And no, you haven't been here longer than me, and what would it matter? Once you're an American you're just that, an American.It's a valid point that most people refer to them as Mexicans because for the most part they are here illegaly, and they're from Mexico so... What are the odds most of the Mexicans involved in this incident are illegals? Care to place a wager?

• posted at 8:20 am on Wed, Aug 26, 2009.

Good one 4A - how does that Liver taste, GaltGuy?

• posted at 4:47 am on Wed, Aug 26, 2009.

GaltGuy - I am Caucasian and my family came to this country from England in the early 1600's, which I'm sure long before yours. My family helped establish the American culture, yet I still accept other cultures...even Germans.But, I am only referring to them as Mexican-Americans to stress the American part. dogs4you and others keep referring to them as "Mexicans", when they were born and raised in the U.S. You are all of immigrant heritage in my eyes.

• posted at 12:50 am on Wed, Aug 26, 2009.

4Astronglodi-Maybe it's because you refer to yourself as a Mexican-American and we simply refer to ourselves as Americans? See at one point or another we all were from somewhere else, but at some point we are simply Americans. When do you become an American? When do you lose the Mexican part? Then and only then will you truly be an American.The idea is to not forget where you come from, but to adopt in full the existing culture, the American culture. Not to simply adapt to it, but become a part of it.

• posted at 4:31 pm on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

dogs4you - First you put down anyone Mexican-American, now you're demeaning people with mental and physical disabilities.You are small-minded and ignorant. I bet you call yourself a Christian too.

• posted at 3:31 pm on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

Oh Dogs.. you got me there. You are in such good company!

• posted at 12:50 pm on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

hiker and 4A, check out Galtguy`s posts, I am not alone. And BTW, how did both of you do at the Special Olympics, also I was not aware that you could be one of Jerry`s kids at such an advanced age, evidently you can.

• posted at 11:13 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

B- Life sentences for those convicted of a gun crime while committed a felony. Period. Yes GG is pro-gun.C- A "Meagan's Law" for gang crimes. This would allow people to identify gang infested ares.

• posted at 11:10 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

Is Galtguy the only person out there thinking that maybe the men in the white sheets wasn't such a bad idea? Yes they were racist, bigoted, and flat out murderers who illegaly hung many blacks, but on the other hand, you must admit, this sort of thing just didn't happen then.If this isn't the answer what is? Close the border? Shutdown other social programs to increase the jail population? Clearly even the most ardent ACLU Lib has got to admit the whole "let's reform them" school of thought is a total failure. The only thing that will work is fear. Those that commit this type of crime simply don't fear going to prison. Hell, half their familia is there anyways. So what do they fear? What do they understand? Violence? A- Close the border now. Use every resource we have in Iraq and Afganistan to help in this endeavor. Because this is WAR. We are being attacked. We stole this land from the Mexicans, now they want it back.

• posted at 10:28 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

dogs4you - Why don't you learn our language? For someone who hates Mexican-Americans so much, it appears as if English isn't your first language either. Maybe you should go back where you came from?To quote Abraham Lincoln, "It is better to be silent and thought an idiot, than to speak and remove all doubt."

• posted at 10:04 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

Well Dogs, thanks for making my point. This is why most people rarely take someone like you seriously. If you want to be important, quit making things up and acknowledge when you are wrong.

• posted at 10:00 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

hiker, hard to beleive since Texas and Arizona do not have an Oakland or Richmond, or an East LA or East Lodi along with Stockton, and I wouldn`t be surprised if a murder wasn`t being committed somewhere as I type. RUSH ---- who ? I most likely am in the minority when it comes to listening to any of that crap on talk radio, I don`t.Check out The Smartest Man in the Room on DVD. Great Documentary. No BS, just fact and why Enron fell.

• posted at 9:31 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

Dogs:Texas and Arizona ranked about 7th or 8th in crime per 100,000 ompared to California which is around 27th per 100,000Get your facts from real statistics rather than from your druggist, Rush!

• posted at 9:07 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

In this wimpy and liberal state we live in, where the ACLU is the criminal`s best friend, any law biding citizen doesn`t have a chance to defend himself. Kalifornia should take a few pages out of the criminal justice system from Texas or Arizona, since they can take a bite out of crime by pack`en a weapon to defend themselves if needed. Gang member against gang member, I could care less, it would be the innocent person that gets caught in the cross fire that is a major concern to everyone these days. You never know where or when a shooting might take place, what scares me the most, that in order to join a gang, a crime has to be committed. The two gang members that got hit by gun fire will concider those wounds as a badge of honor and too show off to other gang members. If a juvenal comitts a crime, he should no longer have that as an excuse to not have his name and picture in the paper.

• posted at 8:58 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

GaltMom - don't stoop to their level ever again! There is Fact and there is all the rest (Racism). The trick is not to confuse them - ever.

• posted at 8:41 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

veritas, your right, close the damn borders, gota keep dose sweeds from North Dakota out.

• posted at 7:31 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

Layla - which sections - did they say? And are the others going to be charged under PC 186 as well? The law applies to everyone involved you know.

• posted at 7:16 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

Update on the case: Prosecutors have filed a number of charges, including street terrorism. (They hadn't seen the police reports yesterday, because they were still being written.)

• posted at 6:45 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

jbhiker: sorry about that the comment was for lodi joe. so I apologize for that. I was reading your comment when I was typing my comment to lodi joe so again I apologize for that but so you know I to love my children and they are number one and my comment was not racist in way shape or form. for some reason when hispanic on hispanic crime happens as it does alot the racist comments come out, and the comment from lodi joe was racist and I quote "Oh no, another MEXICAN involved shooting? As far as I am concerned, they can kill each other as often as they like. In fact, the sooner the better" my comment was meant for him so again I apologize to you.

• posted at 6:07 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

Galt Mom - YES. My Kids are #1 and they do not go well with bullets. And you need to stop being so Racist.Layla - here is an interesting link:http://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/documents/2005-threat-assesment.pdf

• posted at 5:43 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

JBHIKER: contact the Sacramento County District Attorney, they most likely have filed such charges against street gangs. oh and by the way would you have felt the same if they were white?

• posted at 5:29 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

Thanks Layla - I think I will keep digging on this. I have an idea it needs to be dragged into the light. I don't see what else a concerned citizen is able to do given the gun laws in California.

• posted at 5:12 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

jbhiker: Good question. No, I don't know that answer. Law school professors would probably be my first go-to for that answer. Courts are still using very old computers and computer systems, so I don't know if that would also hinder things.

• posted at 5:03 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

good for the police thank you

• posted at 4:57 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

Layla - do you know of any statistics on this particular law? Such as where it has been applied and the subsequent change in crime rates? I have asked the DA for this information and received nothing so far. It is difficult to look up at FindLaw and Lexis Nexis.

• posted at 4:53 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

Yah, its dem crazy sweedes from North Dakota again. Yust doin' the things that the rest of us wont do.

• posted at 4:34 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

jbhiker: Actually, I see a lot of cases with the street terrorism charge. In fact, I've heard defense attorneys frequently say that the DA's Office files that charge too often.The charge can be filed if prosecutors believe they have proof that the crime was to benefit a street gang -- for instance, if someone's yelling gang slogans while firing a gun. As for the bail, that surprised me, too, but I'm pretty sure it will be raised once actual charges are filed and a judge reviews them.

• posted at 3:53 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

JIM WILLETT is the chief prosecutor for the County. (209) 468-2400Or email them: da.info@sjcda.orgThe Gang Unit is run by Ron FreitasCALL HIM and COMPLAIN! (209) 468-2400How much more of this are YOU going to take? Are you going to wait until a stray bullet rips through your child in your home?!?Penal Code 186.20-186.33 addresses this and nobody is enforcing this law! Why - well I think it is because they do not want to reduce staff and curbing gang violence will reduce staff! There - I said it!

• posted at 3:44 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

$10,000. That is what is subtly described as " a problem" in the criminal justice system. The Gangs have taken over - they know the Law has no teeth in California. Citizens have to call the DA and complain!

• posted at 3:07 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

Assault with a deadly weapon and the bail is only $10,000. You've got to be kidding me!!!

• posted at 2:42 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

Racial profiling? I don't think so. ha. If you have a gun and shoot someone that speaks for itself. It has nothing to do with color. Go LodiJoe

• posted at 2:01 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

Oh no, another MEXICAN involved shooting? As far as I am concerned, they can kill each other as often as they like. In fact, the sooner the better.

• posted at 1:29 am on Tue, Aug 25, 2009.

Why not charge them with STEP? California Street Terrorism Enforcement and Prevention Act.PENAL CODE SECTION 186.21 - The Legislature hereby finds and declares that it is the right of every person, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, or handicap, to besecure and protected from fear, intimidation, and physical harm caused by the activities of violent groups and individuals.