Although the Lodi and Galt city councils share the greatest limelight among local races in the November election, there are several lower profile seats on various water and fire boards that remain up for grabs.
The deadline to file for local boards and councils expired last Friday — that is, unless an incumbent didn't file for re-election. In that case, the filing deadline is extended until 5 p.m. Wednesday, and incumbents are ineligible to file for another term.
Here's a rundown of local districts in northern San Joaquin County with an extended filing period until 5 p.m. Wednesday:
- Woodbridge Municipal Advisory Council (four seats): Doug Field filed; incumbents Charles Stocker, Tasso Kandris and Mary Avanti didn't file for re-election.
- Lockeford Municipal Advisory Council (four seats): Jessica Smith filed; incumbents Joe Sublett, Lani Eklund, Bob Marty and Jordi Domenech didn't file for re-election.
- Thornton Municipal Advisory Council (three seats): Incumbents Cindy Chumbley, Kristine Lagoda (Honer) and Mike Stokes didn't file.
- Lodi Unified School District (Lodi area, North Stockton): Trustee area 6; incumbent Michael Abdallah didn't file.
Water, sewer, parks
- Lockeford Community Services District: Stephen E. Granlees; incumbents Gary Gordon and David Rowe didn't file.
- North San Joaquin Water Conservation District (east Lodi, Lockeford, Clements, Acampo) (two seats): Joe Valenti filed for Division 3. Incumbent Joe Petersen didn't file for Division 5.
- Clements Rural Fire Protection District (two seats): Ron Swearengin, Ray Engel; incumbent William Earl Henderson didn't file.
Below are the contested races (filing period is closed):
- San Joaquin Delta Community College District, Trustee area 5 (Galt, rural areas surrounding Lodi, parts of Solano and Calaveras counties): Incumbent Stephan Castellanos, challenger David E. Tanner.
- Woodbridge Sanitary District: Incumbents Harold Rohrbach and Willie Nelson; challengers Charles Stocker and Mary Avanti.
The following are incumbents who will return to office because no challengers filed:
- Lodi Unified School District: Ralph M. Womack, trustee area 2; Joe Nava, trustee area 7.
- New Hope School District (Thornton): Jose Luis Torres.
- Oak View Union School District (eastern Acampo): Stanley Seifert, Greg Rausser.
- Liberty Rural County Fire Protection District (eastern Acampo): William Ward, Robert Erman.
- Mokelumne Rural County Fire Protection District (Victor, Lockeford): Bernie Mettler, Mike Young.
- Waterloo-Morada Rural Fire Protection District: Clayton Titus, William Snyder.
- Woodbridge Rural County Fire Protection District (Woodbridge, rural western Lodi, Flag City, Terminous): Michael Manassero, Michael Manna.
- Woodbridge Irrigation District (Woodbridge, rural western Lodi, Terminous, Thornton): Avery McQueen, Division 2; Eddie Lucchesi, Division 5.
- Morada Municipal Advisory Council: Kurt Cooper, Danny Nunes, Sharon Stewart.
Contact reporter Ross Farrow at firstname.lastname@example.org.