The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Galt City Council
- Vote on allowing the Chabolla Community Center to be used by resident nonprofit organizations.
- Approve the transfer of funds to the Measure R Dispatch Division from the Patrol Division to hire a new dispatcher in lieu of the previously approved patrol officer.
- Discuss the concept of landscaping and roundabouts off Highway 99 and Twin Cities Road.
- Hear a presentation from Maria Orr, Galt High School principal, regarding a Biomedical Engineering Science and Technology and Agriculture Academy.
When and where: 7 p.m., Galt City Hall, City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Lodi Unified School District board
- Community Charter School for the Arts petition.
- Contract reopeners with the California School Employees Association and Lodi Pupil Personnel Association.
- Surplus Property Advisory Committee report for Clements School.
- Annual report on Joe Serna Jr., Charter School.
When and where: Capital Facilities Corp. meeting at 7 p.m., regular board meeting at 7:15 p.m., James Areida Education Support Center, 1305 E. Vine St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
- Hear appeal by Michael J. Robinson and Crocker Solar Power, who want to cancel Robinson’s Williamson Act contract on his 249 acres and construct a solar energy plant in the Delta southwest of Stockton.
- The county Planning Commission recently denied Robinson’s request. The Williamson Act is a program designed to preserve land for agricultural use.
When and where: 9 a.m., board chambers, 44 N. San Joaquin St., sixth floor, Stockton.
Lodi City Council shirtsleeve
Meeting is canceled.
Lodi City Council
- Approve contracting with Diede Construction of Lodi to replace gutters, damaged roof, connecting eight downspouts to new gutters at the passenger shelter at the Lodi transit station on Sacramento Street. Cost is $127,596.50
- Introduce ordinance revising the city’s municipal code regarding utility billing.
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Galt Joint Union Elementary School District board of trustees
- Consider approving an outside audit report for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2011.
- Hear an update from Donna Mayo-Whitlock on San Joaquin Delta College Early Childhood Education coursework.
- In closed session, discuss Superintendent Karen Schauer’s evaluation.
When and where: 7 p.m., Galt City Hall City Council Chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Woodbridge Rural Fire District board
When and where: 3 p.m., fire station, 400 E. Augusta St., Woodbridge.
San Joaquin County Advisory Water Commission
- Mid-winter weather forecast and current drought status by county Water Resources Manager Mel Lytle.
- Update on county flood-control activities.
- Update on Delta water issues.
When and where: 1 p.m., Public Health conference room, 1601 E. Hazelton Ave., Stockton.