- In other action
On Tuesday, the Galt City Council also:
- Appropriated $12,000 for the construction of a fence along Chabolla Avenue at the Tony Gora Aquatic Center to incorporate the existing picnic area into the aquatic center with hopes of deterring some unruly skate park users. Councilwoman Barbara Payne cast the lone dissenting vote.
- Appointed Councilman Mark Crews as a voting representative and Councilman Curt Campion as an alternate as the city’s voting delegates at the League of California Cities Annual Conference in September.
- Approved the final subdivision map for the Creekside 3 housing development. It is the first such map approved in more than seven years, possibly signaling an economic resurgence.
- Approved the selection of Craig Morris to serve as the Planning Commission representative to fill the vacancy on the Galt Historical Preservation Advisory Committee.
- Received the fourth quarter Capital Improvement Project status report.
— Jennifer Bonnett
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:04 am
With start-up costs of about $110,000, the city of Galt will begin operating its own concession stand at the twice-weekly Galt Market in the coming months.
Galt City Council members unanimously approved the initial and ongoing expenses at Tuesday’s regular council meeting, despite some opposition from current vendors.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:04 am.
| Location Tags: