The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
- Request from Friends of the Woodbridge Wilderness Area to keep the wilderness area open year round.
- Appeal by Paul and Tracy Matheson on the county Planning Commission’s approval for a rescue dog kennel to operate on Atkins Road east of Lockeford. The kennel, located on property adjacent to the Matheson residence, has operated without a permit for more than two years before the Planning Commission approved it in January (1:30 p.m. calendar).
- Commendation to Master Sgt. Richard A. Pittman as a Medal of Honor recipient.
- Mid-year budget report for the 2012-13 fiscal years.
- Adopt the county’s economic development vision and plan.
- Consider Mental Health Services Act Innovation Work Plan for 2013-17.
- Award a contract for roofing projects at Micke Grove Zoo and the Lodi agricultural building.
When and where: 9 a.m., board chambers, 44 N. San Joaquin St., sixth floor, Stockton.
Galt Joint Union High School District board of trustees
- Voluntary gun awareness training program through the Galt Police Department.
- Resolution regarding the reduction or elimination of particular kinds of certificated positions.
When and where: 7 p.m., Liberty Ranch High School media center, 12945 Marengo Road, Galt.
Galt Parks and Recreation Commission
When and where: 7 p.m., City Hall, City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt
Galt Planning Commission
When and where: 6:30 p.m., City Hall, City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt
Reclamation District 348 board
- Presentation by California Department of Water Resources regarding monitoring wells.
- Discussing of district operations and inspections.
When and where: 2 p.m., Croce & Co., 501 W. Weber Ave., fifth floor, Stockton.
Southeast Area Community Planning Advisory Council
- Lower Cosumnes River flood plain restoration project presentation by Judah Grossman, project manager of The Nature Conservancy.
- Request to create two lots on 9.79 acres on Colony Road, north of Walmort Road, Herald.
When and where: 7:30 p.m., Herald Community Building, 12746 Ivie Road, Herald.