The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Lodi City Council shirtsleeve session
- Report on Westside 60 kilovolt power line project.
When and where: 7 a.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Galt City Council
- Discuss the Railroad Quiet Zone study and concept.
- Provide staff direction in changing hours of operation for city skate parks.
- Receive a report from the Galt Beautification Committee.
- Receive a finance report regarding the Galt Culture and Recreation fund.
When and where: 7 p.m., Galt City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Lodi Recreation Commission
- Bid process for Roget Park project.
- Memorandum of understanding with Boosters of Boys/Girls Sports.
- Lodi Lake Nature Area docents (25 years on the trail).
- Update on Tree City USA designation.
- Annual report.
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
- Approve memorandum of agreement with the Service Employees International Union. SEIU employees adopted the agreement last week.
- Consider Top 10 transportation priority list for possible state and federal funding for 2012. Top on the list is Highway 4 improvements west of Stockton. North county projects on the list include Lower Sacramento Road at Woodson Road in Acampo (No. 3), Highway 88 Lockeford bypass (No. 4) and West Turner Road improvements (No. 10).
- Consider preparing for San Joaquin General Hospital in French Camp to become a designated trauma center.
- Public hearing on expenditure plans for the 2011-12 state citizens’ options for public safety programs.
- Public hearing to consider abandoning a portion of Guard Road along the White Slough levee west of Lodi.
- Consider appointment to fill a vacancy on the Lockeford Municipal Advisory Council. Patricia Stetson and Mark True have applied.
When and where: 9 a.m., board chambers, 44 N. San Joaquin St., sixth floor, Stockton.
San Joaquin County Parks and Recreation Commission
- Discuss Woodbridge Wilderness Area.
- Memorial donation policy.
- Criteria to reduce or eliminate trust fund reliance.
When and where: 5:30 p.m., Micke Grove Regional Park Memorial Building, 11793 N. Micke Grove Road, Lodi.
Thornton Municipal Advisory Council
- Discuss how to improve traffic flow and control speeding.
- Status on letter to San Joaquin County about options for more sewer connections.
- Public safety reports from the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office and Thornton Rural Fire District.
When and where: 7 p.m., New Hope School Community Center, 26775 N. Sacramento Blvd., Thornton.
Lodi City Council
- Election of new mayor and mayor pro tempore; presentation to outgoing Mayor Bob Johnson.
- Presentation of Mayor’s Community Service Award.
- Accept improvements for Van Buskirk Park playground replacement project at 600 N. Pleasant Ave.
- Appointment to Lodi Arts Commission.
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Galt Joint Union Elementary School District special meeting
- To publicly interview five applicants and vote on a provisional appointee to the school board
When and where: 5:30 p.m., district office, 1018 C St., Suite 210, Galt.
Lodi Improvement Committee
- Public forum on homeless outreach efforts in Lodi.
- Follow-up on issues from previous meeting.
When and where: 6 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.