The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Lodi City Council shirtsleeve session
- First-quarter financial report on the water, wastewater and
electric utility departments.
When and where: 7 a.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Galt City Council
- Presentation on the South Sacramento Habitat Conservation Plan.
- Purchase real property and easements from the Alpha Low Marital Trust and Dupar, et. al, regarding the new Central Galt interchange that is planned.
- Consider ordinance favoring hiring Galt residents.
- Consider purchasing playground equipment for Walker Community Park for $73,000.
- Annual Galt Redevelopment Agency activity report.
- Adjustment of Galt Market rental fees for January and February.
When and where: 7 p.m., City Hall, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
North San Joaquin Water Conservation District board
- Receive groundwater recharge idea from Cecil Reese.
- Consider adopting budget for the period of Dec. 1, 2009, to
Nov. 30, 2010.
When and where: 8:30 a.m., Lodi Library Community Room, 201 W. Locust St., Lodi.
Morada Area Association board
When and where: 7 p.m., Spring Christian Fellowship Church, 4799 Foppiano Lane, Morada.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
- Consider one-year extension to complete improvements to the Tom's Place subdivision at the southwest corner of Jahant and Tretheway roads.
- Amend a county ordinance to allow the Parks and Recreation Commission to advise the Board of Supervisors regarding property acquisition, development and maintenance; require children under 13 to wear life preservers while using public waterways in the county, especially the Mokelumne River between Stillman Magee Park in Clements and Camanche Dam; and to ban smoking for wilderness areas near residential developments.
- Consider a $35,000 settlement with Paul Alcantara and Sarah
Alcantara, who claim medical malpractice, saying that an
11-month-old daughter received a scar while being treated at San
Joaquin General Hospital. County Counsel advises the settlement as
being in the best economic interests of the county.
When and where: 9 a.m., county administration building, 44 N. San Joaquin St., sixth floor, Stockton.
Lodi Recreation Commission
Meeting is canceled.
Lodi City Council
- Election of new mayor and mayor pro tempore.
- Ordinance regarding vendors on streets, sidewalks and private property.
- Presentation of mayor's Community Service Award
- Accept improvements for Lodi Public Library remodel (first
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Lodi Greenbelt Task Force
Meeting is canceled.