Lodi man stabbed in alleged robbery attempt

Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 12:00 am

A man underwent surgery after being stabbed in the back and stomach Saturday afternoon outside Star Market, 741 S. Cherokee Lane, according to Lodi police.

The victim, whose name was not disclosed, walked out of the store at 2:25 p.m. when a male estimated to be 17 to 19 years old asked him for a few dollars, police Sgt. Tod Patterson said. The men began fighting when the victim said he didn't have any money, Patterson said.

• posted at 4:25 am on Tue, Apr 27, 2010.

edumacation, good points. Very politically incorrect (lol) but good. I try to keep my "box" very nice and even mow a lawn for a neighbor (one who appreciates it). You would think the rest of the varmits would take a hint and try to clean their places up. It doesn't cost much to pick up garbage in the yard, do a little weeding, and get rid of junk cars in the driveway (some on the front lawn). I cannot see why people have no pride.Amen to cutting off the welfare. Politically correct or not, I'm one white of two living on our block and with the exception of two Mex. houses, their houses are garbage.

• posted at 4:14 am on Tue, Apr 27, 2010.

Wowerzz, I do what I can, trust me. The improvements by the owner of Star Market certainly weren't much. The whole building is in need of repair and all the trashy signs posted all over it should go. There is nothing I can do about this since I'm not a carpenter or part of the CC. If I had my way, I'd fine the socks off them until the really cleaned it up.

• posted at 1:39 am on Tue, Apr 27, 2010.

Gray crown. We need a few B-52's spray alien retardant. Something that will eliminate the Glassy Winged Sharp Shooter, Fruit flies and varmints?

• posted at 1:37 am on Tue, Apr 27, 2010.

pooreastside- A house is nothing more than a box of wood and nails that rots inm the sun. The hell you describe are the people in the box. Why would you think that these invaders would not ewant a better house paid for by you?Now if you bulldoze the area to get rid of the the varmints, that might be a solution? We need to get the rats our along with the other debris.I think I know why our border brothers are like this? Do they miss Mexico and want to bring it here? The choice is clear send them back cut them off welfare. How about shut off their electricity so they can't watch Novellas on TV all day long?

• posted at 3:21 pm on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

I think the worst part of not just Lodi, but towns all across America, everywhere is that people "Who know who criminals are" (REFUSE) to make an annoymous phone call to the police as to who the attacker is.That is the sad part.Crime is getting worse and worse and I don't see LPD doing anything about it!

• posted at 2:17 pm on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

They are Muslims on the East side most of the Hindus in town own businesses or are doctors. 5,000 Muslims and less than 500 Hindus.

• posted at 1:27 pm on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

I would be happy to answer specific questions.

• posted at 1:26 pm on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

I have a job that requires me to be on nearly 50% of the eastside streets every week. Secondly, I read the real estate reports in the Stocktone Wrecker. My take is that the Hindu's are buying houses like crazy, Hispanics and low income whites are renting the rest. The old-white "German" areas are fixed up, the hindu houses in the process of improving and the balance are rentals and very yukkky.

• posted at 1:06 pm on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

I almost felt like picking it up and dropping the "load" on her Beemer.You should have and then keyed her car. Anyone who does that is pure scum.

• posted at 12:01 pm on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

The diaper disposal problem is certainly not an Hispanic issue. The other day I witnessed a person with obvious Nordic features drop one right in front of the beer company. I said "hey lady pick that thing up! She gave me a look like it was none of my beeswax. I almost felt like picking it up and dropping the "load" on her Beemer. Wait a minute, she's probably an illegal too. Let's deport her and her baby!

• posted at 9:19 am on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

It is interesting to read what other people think...the opinions I respect but...how can Lodi PD, business owners or peace-yearning citizens change societies "problems" with STUPID people not wanting to change..gangs, drug addiction, teenage pregnancies or any other social issue can not be FIXed without every single person wanting to fix them!

• posted at 9:12 am on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

poor east side- I actually know the owner of Star Market and in the past few years he has made improvements to the store and parking lot surrounding it...the alley, the neighborhood or the people living in that neighborhood is something he can't change!...you live there as I understand..what can YOU do to change the area up?

• posted at 8:37 am on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

One final post. I go into Star Market all the time because it beats starting up the vehicle for some little item I need. The place is indeed a "pig sty" and so is "La Capilla" on our corner. If made to clean the places up, the owners may not attract all the riff raft that hangs around there. I have always said, hitting people in their pocketbooks is the best way to clean up the blight CC talks about.

• posted at 8:30 am on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

Whoa Nellie, always a good idea to make sure people know that you are joking. Thank you for clarifying.Redevelopment is nothing but a scam to get rid of us on the eastside and dress the area up. Granted a lot needs to be done with the eastside because most of it is in disarray, but on another post some time back, I suggested a fine for slum lords and owner who have no pride. Instead, the good ole' boys want us gone.The $1200 we have to pay now for the water meters could have given a little money for fines and home improvement, instead of taking what little we do have.

• posted at 7:47 am on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

Gee, I guess I should have indicated I was joking about LITERALLY bulldozing eastside. My Grandparents lived on the eastside, my father and all of my aunts & uncles grew up there. When I was a kid Grandma & I would walk to the Fosters Freeze for a cone. I know how charming some of those old homes are.The true downfall of the eastside began when the zoning was changed and allowed apartments on lots originally used for single homes. Thank your local realtor & developer for that back in the 70s.WTF, the round up you speak of would need to include "Las Verdes" also. Maybe our next Chief of LPD should consult with the Sheriff of Maricopa county (Phnx, AZ)and how they send back illegal residents.

• posted at 4:39 am on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

I have to agree with pooreastside's comments to Whoa Nellie! as well since I, too, live on the east side. There are plenty of decent homes and decent people on this side of Lodi. Many of these homes are charming; granted, there are some that need work, but the variety and craftsmanship in the original buildings isn't found in the cookie cut subdivisions that are sprouting up...even in Lodi. Redevelopment? You mean "gentrification"....I don't think so. Whereby, the alleged goal is to fix the area up for those who live there; but the **Real** goal is to move them out; jack up the prices; and move others in. Maybe it's time for another round-up by Lodi PD.

• posted at 4:20 am on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

JOURNEY...Right you are. It is indeed a sad state of affairs when American citizens have to avoid areas on American soil for their own protection. How did this happen? Because WE let it happen. Not enough people stood up to demand something be done about it. Turning a blind eye and dismissing it because it isn't in OUR neighborhood is indicative of the apthetic citizenry.

• posted at 4:06 am on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

pooreastside: Every town has an area that people concerned for their safety avoid if at all possible. In LA there is Watts and Compton, Las Vegas has North Las Vegas, every town with a Martin Luther King Blvd is an area to avoid, etc. So, don't take it personally. You can live wherever you wish but cautious people will always avoid a bad area -- manicured or not. Sorry if this offends you.

• posted at 3:46 am on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

Maybe someone didn't like my last post to you Whoa Nellie, so I will try again. I don't like your comment about bulldozing my neighborhood where I have lived for 25+ years, incidentally 1 block from Star Market. I don't care what the neighborhood looks like, my house and yard is very well manicured. Why don't you come visit? Oh yeah you're afraid to go down Pine St. That is a long way from Star Market, which is a far better neighborhood than ours.

• posted at 3:40 am on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

Whoa Nellie we have live 1 1/2 blocks from Star Market on the eastside for 25+ years and have watched it go from German to South of the Boarder to Gangs. We are none of the above. I am just as white as you probably are but have a much better attitude. Bulldoze our home and I hope the gang members move to your area for your inconsiderate comments. Star Market is about 4 blocks from Rancho San Miguel.

• posted at 2:59 am on Mon, Apr 26, 2010.

2:25pm in broad daylight!Lodi's Eastside has transformed over the years from a German working class neighborhood with manicured lawns, to an area full of hard working Hispanics searching for the American Dream, to the drug & gang infested barrio it is today.With Lodi Avenue closed for months who feels comfortable driving down Pine Street at night?If Redevelopment ever passes can we just bulldoze everything east of the tracks? The Eastside needs a fresh start, and this method is working in other towns.