Builders feeling pinch of housing slowdown
A construction worker begins framing houses Friday in Galt. Recently, there has been a slowdown in building new homes in the area. (Brian Feulner/News-Sentinel)
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 10:00 pm
Three years ago, builder Tom Doucette was "moving at 100 miles
per hour" trying to keep up with the demand for new homes at his
Potential buyers were "camping out" at his FCB Homes
subdivisions, hoping to snatch up a piece of real estate at the
peak of the housing boom.
Or, use your
Friday, August 31, 2007 10:00 pm.
- Use your real name. You must register with your full first and last name before you can comment. (And don’t pretend you’re someone else.)
- Keep it clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually oriented language.
- Don’t threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
- Be truthful. Don’t pe about anyone or anything. Don’t post unsubstantiated allegations, rumors or gossip that could harm the reputation of a person, company or organization.
- Be nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
- Stay on topic. Make sure your comments are about the story. Don’t insult each other.
- Tell us if the discussion is getting out of hand. Use the ‘Report’ pnk on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
- Share what you know, and ask about what you don’t.
- Don’t be a troll.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to monitor, delete or choose not to post any comment. This may include removing or monitoring posts that we bepeve violate the spirit or letter of these rules, or that we otherwise determine at our discretion needs to be monitored, not posted, or deleted.