- In other action
At Tuesday's meeting, Galt City Council also:
- Heard a report about a new police program known as “Tip 411”
that will alert residents to public safety issues through social
media such as Facebook, Twitter and websites.
- Received an update on the strategic plan from Mayor Barbara
- Set new hours for all city parks. Most will open at 6 a.m. and
close at dusk, except for lighted sports fields reserved by the
Parks and Recreation Department, as well as the tennis, volleyball
and basketball court areas.
- Adopted the Galt Youth Master Plan.
- Set June 30, 2012 as the date for the city’s annual
Independence Day celebration and fireworks show. The next Fourth of
July falls on Wednesday, which is also a regular Galt Market
- Received the annual Measure R Oversight Committee report.
— Jennifer Bonnett
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:00 am
The Galt Junior Warriors football and cheer programs will no
longer be overseen by the city’s Parks and Recreation Department
following a decision Tuesday by the city council.
Instead, the organization will operate its own program with
equipment donated by the city.
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:00 am.