Lodi Library Board of Trustees
When and where: 5:30 p.m., Community Library, 201 W. Locust St.
For more information: call the Lodi Public Library at 333-5566.
Lodi City Council "shirtsleeve"
• The city is discussing what to do with the low income water and wastewater discount program.
• The program was put to voters in November as Measure J. After originally passing the measure, the city determined it failed because it needed a two-thirds vote.
• The council will discuss funding the program from another source such as the General Fund, or discontinuing it.
For more information: see the shirtsleeve meeting agenda at http://www.lodi.gov or review the materials posted outside of Carnegie Forum.
When and where: 7 a.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St.
Lodi Sister City Committee
When and where: 5:45 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St.
For more information: call the city clerk at 333-6702.
Galt Joint Union Elementary
• Possible agreement on teacher pay raises, depending on negotiations in closed session between district and Galt Elementary Faculty Association.
• Reports about after-school programs, a grant for preschool expansion at Fairsite Elementary School.
• Superintendent David Dominguez to report about unification between elementary and high school districts.
When and where: 7 p.m., Greer Middle School's Bill Murphy Library, 248 W. A. St., Galt.
For more information: http://www.galt.k12.ca.us, or call the district office at 744-4545.
Lodi Planning Commission
• Consider options for changing or removing the Site Plan Architectural Review Committee process.
• Consider options to regulate building oversized houses in residential lots.
• Progress report on the General Plan Update including endorsement Planning Area.
For more information: See the Lodi Planning Commission agenda and packet at http://www.lodi.gov or review the materials at the Lodi Public Library.
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St.
North San Joaquin Water Conservation District Board of Directors
• Setting a public hearing date for a possible groundwater charge.
• Draft 10-year budget for use of groundwater charge revenue.
• Reports on Farm Bureau Water Committee and Mokelumne River Forum meetings.
When and where: 8:30 a.m. at the Lodi News-Sentinel office, 125 N. Church St.
For more information, call Ed Steffani at 727-0207.
Woodbridge Municipal Advisory Council
• A possible moratorium for further business development downtown until parking issues are resolved.
• Sheriff's substation to serve Woodbridge, Thornton and Morada.
• Safety issues concerning the traffic circle at the intersection of Chestnut Drive, Mokelumne Street and Woodbridge Road.
• Installing crosswalks at Carolina and Chestnut Streets.
When and where: 7 p.m., Lodi Elks Lodge, 19071 N. Lower Sacramento Road, Woodbridge.
For more information, contact MAC member Ron Rader at 368-0612.
First published: Monday, January 22, 2007