- Signees at a glance
Twelve members of the Lodi Police Department signed the letter
on behalf of the Lodi Police Mid-Management Organization expressing
a lack of confidence in interim Police Chief Gary Benincasa. The
News-Sentinel attempted to contact each member, who either declined
to comment or did not return messages seeking comment. The members
- Lt. Chris Piombo — Declined comment
- Lt. Steve Price — Message not returned
- Lt. Steve Carillo — Message not returned
- Lt. Tod Patterson — Message not returned
- Sgt. Bill Alexander — Message not returned (out of office for
- Sgt. Doug Chinn — Message not returned
- Sgt. Chris Jacobson — Message not returned
- Sgt. Dale Miller — Message not returned
- Sgt. Fernando Martinez — Declined comment
- Sgt. Mike Oden — Message not returned
- Sgt. Steve Nelson — Message not returned
- Sgt. David Griffin — Message not returned
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 12:00 am
Updated: 1:02 pm, Sat Jan 15, 2011.
More Lodi police officers voiced their lack of confidence in
interim Police Chief Gary Benincasa in November, according to a
letter addressed to city manager Rad Bartlam and obtained by the
News-Sentinel last month.
The letter, which was sent by the Lodi Police Mid-Management
Organization on Nov. 11, states concerns over supervisory vacancies
within the department, and raises doubts in the leadership
abilities of Benincasa.
Or, use your
Saturday, January 15, 2011 12:00 am.
Updated: 1:02 pm.