Lodi woman helped with brother's suicide

Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 10:00 pm

A Lodi woman accused of helping her brother commit suicide pleaded guilty Thursday to accessory after a felony.

June Hartley

• posted at 5:16 pm on Fri, May 29, 2009.

to end constant pain is a true blessingdeabliating pain is not easy to live with. they are all in mty prayers

• posted at 9:40 am on Fri, May 29, 2009.

Sorry about your father T&C, my father-in-law died a most horrible death, lived all tubed up for months and allot of pain. When my time comes, I hope this state will adopt the ways and means of Oregon, to live in total pain with no means to stop it is not living, Ms. Hartly did the right thing, now it`s up to the state of Kalifornia to follow and do the right thing, though they won`t. Let`s see, where`s my `38?

• posted at 7:16 am on Fri, May 29, 2009.

I agree totally with all of you!We treat our animals with more compassion then people.I have had a family member die of cancer and it is AWFUL to say the least.At this poiny is when I felt that Dr. Kevorcian wasen't such a bad guy after all!Let het go she did nothing wrong~

• posted at 3:30 am on Fri, May 29, 2009.

As if she hasn't got enough sadness in her heart, leave her alone! I would be happy to do any jail time she might get. My father had a dozen cance rtumors in 1983 in a California VA hospital, and it took him a year of suffering before he died! No one should have to suffer.

• posted at 3:15 am on Fri, May 29, 2009.

We can put Gay Marriage on the ballot but not Assisted Suicide? For such a liberal progressive state I'm appalled that CA has not followed the lead of Oregon.I've told my family, best friends, and put in my will/trust to pull my plug.

• posted at 2:43 am on Fri, May 29, 2009.

It gives me hope to see the DA do the right thing; let's hope the judge does as well.

• posted at 2:42 am on Fri, May 29, 2009.

Too bad she and her brother were unable to come here to Oregon. We do allow assisted suicide.Don't you think this lady has suffered enough? Let her rest in peace.

• posted at 2:40 am on Fri, May 29, 2009.

We can humanely put our animals out of their suffering, but not the human loved ones. Prosecuting this is a waste of taxpayer’s dollars. I hope the judge does the right thing and let’s her serve no time. I can’t believe she would get a harsher sentence then someone who commits rape, a drug dealer or someone who commits assault. What is wrong with our system?

• posted at 2:22 am on Fri, May 29, 2009.

Why don't they just leave this poor woman alone. Isn't there enough mean things for the District Attorney to do? Can't you spend more time on these punks and school troublemakers? Wouldn't that make more of a difference?